|Job Title:||Network Architect|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Kathrine Gorman|
|Job Published:||November 16, 2021 17:03|
As a Network Architect, you will be one of the accountable SME resources responsible for existing and new network services. This will entail selecting, designing, documenting, and implementing new solutions and retrofitting improvements to existing environments. Providing SME support to the operations team is also required for complex issues. An important part of this role will be to challenge the normal approach and provide alternatives for improvement.
- Producing network designs to meet business needs and following current standards.
- Maintaining network standards to ensure they continue to meet best practice guidelines.
- Keeping up to date on networking trends and developments and identifying how they could benefit the company.
- Analyzing network products and technologies and making recommendations to influence technical direction.
- Is result oriented and has a high degree of accountability, commitment, and responsibility, the expectation is that involving an architect in a project is a guarantee of obtaining positive outcomes.
- Working with the Network Operations team to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Involved in ensuring the application teams understand the impact of network constraints and provide recommendations to ensure successful deployments.
What can you bring?
- Good experience of network technologies in a global business of a similar.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and communication, both verbal and written, skills.
- English at a near-native level.
- Able to demonstrate detailed knowledge and understanding of networking concepts.
- Extensive technical skills covering a broad range of network technologies, it is not necessary to be a specialist in any one area.
- A passion for networking and staying abreast of new developments.
- Experience of taking a requirement through analysis, solution design, testing, deployment and hand-over to an operations team for BAU support.
- Experience of working with cloud service providers and outsourcers.
- Detailed hands-on experience of design, configuration and management covering several of the following technical areas in a global organization.
- Software Defined Networking.
- Network Access Control
- Network automation.
- Network monitoring.
- WAN design and technologies.
- LAN design and technologies.
- WLAN design and technologies.
- WANOP technologies.
- Proven experience of delivering process efficiencies and improvements.
- Ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships with remote teams.
- Demonstrate ability to take ownership of and accountability for relevant products and services.
- Ability to plan, priorities and complete your own work, whilst remaining a team player.
- Willingness to engage with and work in other technologies.
Position - Network Architect - Permanent
Location - Epsom
Salary - £50k - £65k
Keywords: Producing network designs, Maintaining network standards, WAN, LAN design and technologies.
Apply for this role as a Network Architect, you will join the network engineering team to provide solution architecture SME's inputs, based on best practice, to maintain, develop and mature numerous products.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This is a Permanent Role
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's