Job descriptionNuclear Safety Consultant - 40-70K + bens Bristol area ( Hybrid work available)
We are looking for people with knowledge and experience of nuclear systems and nuclear safety cases, to support existing and new UK nuclear projects. Our client has opportunities for people that are looking for permanent roles within an established and respected consultancy.
Much of their work is directly in support of site, or facility, safety cases; they also undertake project support roles, systems engineering roles, and technical engineering support to safety-related nuclear systems.
This is an opportunity for candidates with relevant experience, who are adaptable and able to perform the following kinds of roles:
- Safety assessment, risk assessment – hazard identification; fault schedules; design basis analysis; probabilistic analysis, safety functional requirements
- Qualification/ substantiation of systems against safety requirements.
- Internal and external hazards assessments.
- Safety case development and support for nuclear and non-nuclear plant
- Document writing – authoring or reviewing/verifying safety-related documents.
Requirements Successful applicants will have:
- A degree (or equivalent) with an Engineering or relevant scientific bias
- Understanding and experience of the structure and development of safety cases; safety requirements (including those of the UK nuclear regulatory regime) and safety analysis/assessment.
- Experience in Nuclear and/or process plant in safety-related roles.
- A desire to develop further into safety case work.
- Working with safety cases for nuclear reactors or other nuclear plant
- Formalised hazard analysis and risk assessment
- Assessment or qualification of safety-related systems
- Working within a consultancy environment.
- Involvement in large multi-disciplinary projects
- Project management
- Technical oversight and leadership.
- Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering recruitment solutions to Aerospace & Defence, Nuclear, Oil and Gas, Pharmaceuticals, Sciences and Food Manufacturing Industries. We have an excellent reputation for the quality of service and value that we bring to both our clients and candidates.
Services advertised by Electus Recruitment Solutions are those of an Agency (perm)