Job descriptionYour in depth understanding of how to improve business operations in a highly regulated industry, could provide an immediate benefit to our top-tier defence client. As an Operations Improvement Consultant, you will consult, advise, and build relationships with clients to support the solving of a range of complex business problems. Your ability to analyse customer requirements will be welcomed, and your experience in building long and lasting relationships will prove valuable.
You will have the opportunity to work with company that wants their professionals to work on projects they are proud of, encourages continuing professional development, values diversity and supports a range of sectors including Aerospace, Defence, Rail, Security, Energy, Highways and Public sectors. An excellent opportunity to show your breadth of knowledge around Operations Improvement across a range of sectors, whilst developing your commercial and consulting skills.
About the job
The Operations Improvement Consultant is required to join their experienced Operational Improvement team. Along with strong technical competencies and capabilities, the role requires a high level of soft skills and preparedness to provide quantitative and qualitive summaries of your work.
- Delivering consulting and advisory services primarily focused on operational improvement.
- Working with bid teams to form tender responses and produce bid content.
- Providing economic, commercial, and strategic insight.
- Understanding clients’ needs and translating them into consulting opportunities.
- Continually developing own knowledge, consulting skills and client markets whilst supporting the development of others within the business.
As an Operations Improvement Consultant, your skills and qualifications will include:
- Proven Operations Improvement experience.
- Experience measuring quantifying, and analysing performance.
- Well acquainted with modelling, trialling, or piloting to prototype solutions and test ideas.
- Expertise in process mapping and process design.
- Confidence and gravitas when presenting to a range of parties.
- Delivering in Waterfall and (scaled) agile methods.
- HNC/HND or equivalent experience in an Engineering related discipline.
- Experience in sales.
Operations Improvement Consultant, Operations Improvement.
London and on occasion Bristol, Cheltenham, Manchester, with opportunity for flexible working arrangements.
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Career and professional development opportunities.
Key skills: Operations Improvement, Consulting, Client Development, Bids, Tenders, Presenting.
Superb opportunity to work for a leading defence company in a highly visible and critical role.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, to SC level.
This is a permanent position.