Principal Engineer (Design & Verification)
|Job Title:||Principal Engineer (Design & Verification)|
|Location:||Gateshead, Tyne and Wear|
|Salary:||£48000 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lauren Byrne|
|Job Published:||July 22, 2021 15:39|
Our client based in the Gateshead area is looking for a Principal Design and Verification Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. Please note, you must hold SC or be able to obtain SC clearance for this position.
The ideal candidate will come from a range of engineering disciplines. It is essential that you are comfortable working across multiple areas of the business. You will have the opportunity to work on projects ranging from electronic warfare systems to communications work as well as being involved in New Product Development.
Purpose of the role:
· Leading electronics and mechanical design as the leading specialist engineer within Petards Defence Services.
· Airworthiness Verification engineering.
· Technical expertise on defence equipment and contracts.
· Engineering capability.
· Technical oversight and governance.
· Regulatory compliance with AAOS and DAOS expositions.
· Assessment of the design of AAOS & DAOS equipment as part of the office of airworthiness.
· Bid support.
Specific responsibility for:
· APS/013 tasks.
· MRE tasks
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate experience / competency in most of the following:
· Engineering in highly regulated environments
· Rugged electronics systems
· Systems engineering
· Legacy systems and obsolescence
· Development of new electronic products
· BEng (Electronics) or similar with vocational experience
· Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartered status
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet these criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Keywords: electronics, RF, systems, systems engineering
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's