Job descriptionJob Description
We are looking for procurement professionals to join our clients diverse ‘Major Equipment Procurement’ (MEP) department. MEP, who focus on the sourcing, contracting and supply of bespoke high value /and high complexity sub-systems needed to deliver world leading defence capabilities for our home Nations and their Allies.
Upon joining the team, you will undertake a role with a considerable responsibility for pro-actively managing multiple critical supplier work packages, developing and maintaining long term, open, collaborative and commercially robust business relationships with suppliers who are designing and delivering complex systems (such as Rocket Motors, Launchers, Warheads, Seeker Systems & more)
The MEP role is unique, fast-paced and exciting, all requiring a combination of commercial expertise and partner management skills to lead business relationships with strategic suppliers, across a wide range of initiatives to drive overall supplier performance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects below relating to the generation and performance of their supplier portfolio, including:
- Drafting and negotiating contracts, in accordance with applicable legislation and company processes
- Providing commercial guidance to internal stakeholders
- Generating and implementing supplier strategies that deliver Value for Money
- Resolving supplier performance issues and/or conflicts
- Risk management and risk mitigation planning
- Managing supplier performance (hardware and documentation)
- Metric reporting and adherence
- Cash Management
- Schedule adherence
- Building and nurturing supplier and key stakeholder relationships
- Safeguarding the interests of the organisation.
- A tenacious individual – day-to-day problem solving in an exciting commercial environment is a key part of the role, so you will need to be comfortable in asking and answering difficult questions, challenging yourself and others to common goals, organising both people and situations.
- A strong communicator – reporting and co-operation with senior internal and external stakeholders will be frequently required
- A team player capable of influencing and managing multiple relationships, you should also be comfortable working autonomously when required
- An assertive individual with a can-do attitude who continually seeks way to maximise on opportunities - analyse situations and be adept at understanding and presenting different possibilities, balancing risk.
- An individual who is flexible and adaptable – in certain roles, there may be significant expectation of global travel.
- Experience in a Procurement or Supply Chain related role, ideally within a Defence or Aerospace contracting environment.
- Ideally degree qualified in a business subject area, procurement or supply chain accreditations or equivalent experience.
- Experienced in:
- Negotiation in Customer/ Supplier environment
- Bidding to win against a context of global supply chains
- Contract conditions
- Join a highly motivated and experienced team with vast experience in delivering and sustaining defence capability with our Armed Forces, through collaborative supplier relationship management.
- Join a dedicated team who support one another in what are common goals across the Directorate, willing to impart knowledge, experience and opinion.
- Our work is complex, challenging and varied however we all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work, deliver sustainable Defence capability to UK Armed forces and other international governments.
- The opportunity to develop a broad skill set / experiences on a wide range of scenarios on a global scale and great opportunities for career progression.
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime & travel time, a comprehensive pension scheme, 25 days paid holiday, social, charitable and sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, all employee bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities!
Position - Procurement Manager – Permanent
Location – Stevenage & Bolton
Salary - £48k DOE
Keywords: negotiating contracts, implementing supplier strategies Experience in a Procurement or Supply Chain related role, ideally within a Defence or Aerospace contracting environment. Ideally degree qualified in a business subject area, procurement or supply chain accreditations or equivalent experience.
Only apply for this role if you currently hold the specific Government Security Clearance or are eligible for Government Security Clearance.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This is a Permanent Role