Job descriptionYour experience as a Product Assurance Engineering professional and background in Electronic / Electrical Engineering will help you to support my client as a Product Assurance Engineer.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join the Product Assurance Equipment Engineering team, where you will support a wide range of Test Systems across development & production programmes. The potential for flexible working and a diverse, stimulating role are just a few of the advantages to working within this dynamic and expanding quality engineering environment.
About the role:
In this position, you will play a pivotal role within a well-established Product Assurance team, rooted within Electronic Engineering. The team’s aim is to ensure all core Product Assurance activities are completed, as well as working closely with Major project Product Assurance Managers across the organisation, resulting in the prevention / minimisation of product non-conformance and the assurance of reliable products and customer satisfaction through smooth Equipment delivery. Other responsibilities will include:
- Assessment of, and contribution to Equipment Quality planning documentation. As well as the continued maintenance of these records.
- Ensure the maintenance of compliance to Electronic Engineering procedures.
- Plan and carry out Product Life Cycle reviews, ensuring actions taken are managed appropriately.
- Assess and manage Product Non-Conformance by facilitating the implementation of Non-conformance processes, supporting investigations into design and manufacturing defects, and providing Non-Conformance data analysis and reports into Major Test Equipment and senior management reviews.
- Recognize, communicate, and reduce Quality risks for in house equipment.
- Facilitate flash audits to provide compliance and engineering process improvement ideas.
- Run reports in Excel, use SAP QM system and other document management tools.
- Increase awareness of quality processes and competencies within the engineering teams through quality focused training.
To be suitable for the role, you will be an Electronic Engineering professional, with a proven track record in quality and be able to meet the following requirements:
- HNC / HND in Engineering or Quality Assurance or be able to demonstrate relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of current QA problem solving and improvement methods (8D, RCA, DMAIC, etc.).
- Good working knowledge of product lifecycles – focused on development.
- Awareness and dedication to continuous improvement, and the ability to use own initiative to carry out improvements.
- Product Assurance Engineer, Quality Engineer, Electronic / Electrical Engineering.
- Location – Home County, Hertfordshire.
- £40,000 – £45,000 dependent on experience + bonus and benefits.
In your career within a leading Defence organisation, you'll find yourself pushing outside your comfort zone, exploring new ideas, collaborating with experts and through this, you will continue to learn, grow, and develop every day. You will work together with purpose, providing better, smarter, and more effective mission critical capabilities. Reward comes hand in hand with your role, meaning you can also enjoy the excellent benefits that they have to offer.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet these criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days, please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This role is a permanent position