|Job Title:||Programme Manager|
|Salary:||£700 - £730 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lauren Byrne|
|Job Published:||June 08, 2021 13:03|
Our client is looking for a Programme Manager to join them for a 6-month remote based contract.
The Programme Manager will be required to lead on the progression of the Biocides and Pesticides Transformation programme, overseeing the Programme Business Case development, TOM definition, procurement of potential delivery partner and the progression of the programme into Alpha.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience of managing large programmes/budgets (more than £10m). You will have a strong background in managing and delivering end to end TOM. You will be experienced in implementing business change including GDS compliant digital solutions as well as being comfortable working with TCOP standards.
· Business case - Develop and clearance of the business case with project leads and SMEs (including the management of external governance routes)
· Communications & Stakeholder Management - Identify and manage stakeholder relationships and ensure senior level support is in place. Manage internal and external relationships as appropriate.
· Guidance - Provide direction and guidance on development to team and more broadly across departmental profession.
· Resource Management - Secures resources and directs planning scheduling, resourcing and estimating for complex and large-scale programmes.
· Risks & Issues - Oversee risk and issue management. Ensures mitigations are in place and resolved through negotiated agreement.
· Benefits realisation - Ensure realisation of benefits for customers through planning and designing and that project outputs meet programme requirements.
· Programme Performance & Controls - Maintain overall integrity and coherence of programme and governance framework to support each project. Plan programme assurance activities.
· Leadership vision & objectives - Cascade vision and translate into delivery objectives for the team. Lead the programme to deliver the business case benefits and outcomes.
· Dependency Management - Work with project leads and business as usual to ensure dependencies are actively managed, act as an arbiter and enforcer and resolve issues between the various elements of the programme. Also proactively manage (jointly) other dependencies across the Portfolio
· Demonstrable experience of managing large programme budgets/ finances (ideally over £10m)
· Experience of upskilling and coaching others in working in a project programme environment
· Experience in implementing business change including GDS compliant digital solutions
· Have experience in applying current frameworks and methodologies for delivering large/complex change
· Significant experience in dealing with and managing diverse and complex stakeholder groups
· Pragmatic in approach, with experience of delivering at pace, in a changing environment with competing priorities
· Have experience of managing third party agile digital delivery partners and strong commercial management skills -
· Experience of using one or more agile delivery methodologies would be an advantage
· Experience of working to GDS and TCOP standards
Typical Qualifications & Professional Memberships:
Managing Successful Programmes Practitioner - Essential
Managing Successful Programmes Advanced Practitioner
APM Registered Project Professional
Agile Methodologies (including SAFe)
Duration: 6 months
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Keywords: programme manager, programme management, government, GDS, TCOP, TCoP, TOM, digital solutions, public sector
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.