Our client in Stevenage is looking for a SC cleared Project Manager to join their team on a contract basis. This will be an inside IR35 role.
To act as the Business & Project Manager to manage elements of a number of contracts within Air Defence, against business plan targets through rigorous application of project management processes. Manage stakeholder interfaces, including Missile Programmes and Customers, and ensure accurate reporting of progress against all aspects of contract performance. The role will also involve activities related to the winning of new and follow-on business.
- Lead the multi-disciplinary Project Business Team (PBT).
- Develop and maintain key relationships with the Missile Programmes that feed in to the ASI contracts.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with the customer and other external agencies.
- Define and maintain the Project Management Plan, including definition of work breakdown structure, cost collection structure and lower level management plans.
- Establish and implement effective project management processes, tools and reporting mechanisms on achievement of the programme and budgets.
- Generation and implementation of programme business improvement and competitiveness strategies.
- Ensure that contract budgets are planned, loaded and controlled in accordance with the defined management plans.
- Manage and control contract cost at completions and cash flow, maximising margin and agreeing margin adjustment criteria.
- Prepare and maintain contract risk and opportunity optimisation plans associated manage the associated contingency budgets.
- Ensure robust workload forecasts are available for the Project / Sector
- Prepare and present reports covering business performance for area(s) of responsibility.
- Co-ordinate interfaces with internal functions and directorates.
- Support the B&PM Exec, B&PM Manager, and sector B&PM team on the commercial and legal integrity of contracts with the customer and effective management of the supply base.
- Ensure that all Export Regulations are understood, adhered to and that compliance can be demonstrated.
- Lead bidding activity in accordance with Bid Process
- Strong communication and motivational skills
- Strong project and risk management skills and knowledge.
- Sound business judgement.
- Technical appreciation of complex problems.
- Project management experience, covering financial, commercial, engineering and project areas.
Duration: 6 months
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens.
Keywords: project manager, project management, defence, aerospace, SC cleared Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.