Our client in Portsmouth is looking for a Project Manager to join their team on a contract basis. Please note, to be considered for this role you must be SC cleared and have significant experience in leading software development within aerospace or defence.
The role is to manage a software development team producing high-reliability software products for control of satellite payloads.
The primary role of this position is to ensure that the customer requirements flown down via a work order or contract are delivered On Quality, On Time and On Cost.
As such you will be the primary interface to the customer ensuring that deliverables are produced in-line with the project schedule and relevant gate/quality reviews and customer reviews.
You will be fully responsible for all aspects of the project and ensure the allocated team delivers to customer satisfaction.
Essential Position Requirements
· Significant (>5 years) experience of leading software development in an aerospace or related industry
· Experience with hardware/software integration
· Proficient in Agile methodologies
· Experience with JIRA and Confluence
· A proven track record of project delivery in a high-quality software development environment.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills in communication, delegation and motivation.
· To have good analytical skills to be able to challenge the core team constantly, achieving best value for the customer.
· Good communication skills to enable discussion and presentation of complex issues and solutions to a range of stakeholders
The ability to communicate in a relevant manner with all parties including:
- Internal / external customer
- Product Group Management
- Systems Design team
- Engineering / Design
- Quality / Product Assurance
- Production / Test
- Procurement / Suppliers
· Drive the Project from proposal to delivery
· Drive development
· Drives budgets, schedule, dependency analysis, risk management, and risk mitigation strategy
· Coordinate stakeholder management
· Lead and facilitate Multi-functional Core Team
· Set Team / Individual Project objectives
· Endorse Project goals and define Development Plan
· Implementation of divisional standards
· Communicate milestone issues with core team
· Manage projects and establish EAC / CTC throughout the project life cycle in line with company processes
· Ensure programmes effectively focus on mitigation of risk to result in successful completion.
· Deliver programmes on time, on quality and in costs
· Responsible for overall internal and contractual compliance to the product & project requirements
· Details Work Breakdown Structures/Packages
· Triggers internal Design Reviews
· Provide inputs to the Monthly Review, Business Reviews and other Airbus Defence and Space relevant reviews and in line with the agreed methods and principles.
· Drives tight change control management and impact reviews (including ECOs)
· Triggers and coordinates gate/quality reviews
· Resolves project / functional conflicts
· Provides input to functional managers for Team Members performance evaluation
· Manage resources assignment within Core Team
· Configuration management of project and manufacturing documents
· Liaises on cross project shared resources and facility conflicts
· Be the point of contact for customers, proposals and/or projects.
· Develop relationships with external suppliers
· Act as the Project Champion (advocate)
· Centralise customer interface (Reporting, meetings etc.)
· Provide Project reporting to management
· Ensure proposals are bid in line with product strategy - play an active role in bid/no-bid decisions.
· Implements project level Make-Buy analysis and decision
· Ensure proposals are produced on time and effectively answer the RFP.
· Ensure that proposals are supported and that lessons learnt are incorporated to allow cost models and reductions are continuous.
Duration: 6 months
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens.
Keywords: project management, project manager, software development, aerospace, defence Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.