We have a requirement for a Project Safety Manager to join a global security company.
The role is specifically to manage and lead the project safety activities by managing the safety team resourcing and tasking and performing safety engineering analysis of simple hardware, software and complex hardware elements with the focus on certification of COTS PE based systems to IEC 61508 and Def Stan 00-56.
- Experience of relevant work experience in a safety-related engineering environment
- Experience of project safety management
- Team leadership and mentoring of junior staff
- Understanding and demonstration of compliance to international and defence standards such as IEC 61508 and Def Stan 056
- Knowledge of safety assurance of COTS PE based systems or high integrity software
- Ability to understand hardware and software failure modes, causes and effects
- Experience in some areas safety/reliability analysis techniques: hazard identification and analysis, FMECA, FTA, Functional Failure Analysis
- Developing Safety Case arguments using Goal Structuring Notation (GSN)
- Experienced in conducting Risk Assessments and developing ALARP justifications
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team (e.g. systems, hardware, software and ILS engineers, project management, customer and supplier engineering teams)
- Degree, HND, HNC in Engineering or Safety Management related discipline
- UK Eyes Only Security Clearance required - Sole British Passport holders Only
- Experience and qualification in conducting safety audits (e.g. OHSAS 18001, etc.)
- Experience of Commercial or Military Maritime engineering
- Safety requirements capture, negotiation and trade--off
- Knowledge of Human Factors Engineering
- Knowledge of formal Validation and Verification processes
- UK Defence experience on maritime projects
- Travelling to customer and sub-contractor sites in the UK, occasionally overseas, as required.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This is a permanent role.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.