Job descriptionYour in depth understanding of systems engineering (ideally in software / electronics development) and strong experience of Requirements Engineering will help you to support my client’s EW Business Unit as a Requirements Engineer delivering major EW programmes to the Navy. You will be responsible for the management of the requirements for subsystems and components from functional, non-functional and standards and ensures that the test evidence is appropriately captured to demonstrate that the requirements have been met.
You will have the opportunity to work for a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programmes throughout the world. Developing and supplying a broad portfolio of aerospace, land and maritime systems and products for defence, national security and commercial aviation applications. A corporate benefits package and transparent career development opportunities are on offer within this vibrant Engineering environment.
About the job:
Our client currently requires a Requirements Engineer responsible for the management of the requirements ensuring that the requirements database is maintained within the requirements management tool. The requirements manager derives requirements for subsystems and components from functional, non-functional and standards and ensures that the test evidence is appropriately captured to demonstrate that the requirements have been met. Responsibilities include: -
- Writing Requirements
- Deriving subsystem requirements
- Capturing test evidence
- Maintain the requirements database
- Manging the flow of requirements between client/customer and subcontractors
- Any additional tasks to ensure the success of the role and support to the Business Unit and Engineering Function.
- Producing technical progress reports and test/trials reports
As a Requirements Engineer your skills and qualifications will include:
- Degree qualified (or similar experience)
- Produce high-quality requirements
- Maintain the requirements database in DOORS
- Competent in problem solving and analytical techniques in a methodical and logical manner to solve development and integration challenges
- Support the development of test approaches
- Presenting formally at requirements, Test Readiness and Design Reviews / Integration events
- Experience in managing the requirements for large MoD programmes
- Experience of decomposing DefStans and mapping atomic requirements
- Software Tools – Full IBM ELM Suite comprising Rhapsody, DOORs, RQM & RTC
- Knowledge and experience in software/electronics development
- Previous experience of working with Royal Navy platforms
- ISO Standards – ISO15288, ISO12207 (Software), ISO61508 (Safety Critical Systems)RCTA/DO Standards (Safety) - DO178C, DO-330
£55000 - £65000 (depending on experience)
Keywords: Systems engineer, EW, Hardware, Software, Defence, Requirements management, Test, DOORS, Military, DEF STAN, System, Sub-system.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, to SC level.
This is a permanent position.