Job descriptionYour in depth understanding of Safety Engineering, (specifically around Hazard Analysis, Safety Evaluation & Systems Engineering) could provide an immediate benefit to our top-tier Defence client. As a Safety Engineer, you will support an array of Safety activities to support Safety Assurance. Your potential to balance commercial constraints will be welcomed, and your time spent understanding complex systems will prove valuable.
You will have the opportunity to work for a leading Defence organisation, with opportunities for career progression, paid overtime, and an excellent bonus scheme. This is a great opportunity to prove your technical and commercial capabilities, whilst helping to ensure our clients defence systems are suitable for the often harsh and demanding environments their service personnel are operating in.
About the job
Our client currently requires a Safety Engineer join their Engineering team. Along with strong technical competencies and capabilities, the role requires the ability to conceptualise, develop, support, and maintain safety processes that not only provide safety assurance to the highest levels, but are also efficient and practicable for business in a competitive and high-pressure market and sector.
- Understand and act as a subject-matter-expert on internal safety systems and their operating context.
- Determine and define the level of evidence required to show that identified hazards have been mitigated to an appropriate level.
- Analyse and act on time-and-cost constraints to ensure that strong safety cases, comprising of appropriate evidence are constructed.
- Capability to support, complete and deliver various forms of technical documentation including but not limited to Safety Case Reports, Hazard Analysis, Functional Failure Analysis, and Fault Tree Analysis.
- Demonstrable knowledge of, and experience in, the application of the UK and International system engineering processes.
As a Safety Engineer your skills and qualifications will include:
- Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Thorough understanding and experience of how the hazard analysis and safety evaluation processes integrate with the system engineering process
- Strong understanding of safety processes and system engineering processes.
- Decision-making capability.
- Experience in Engineering on complex weapon systems.
- Good knowledge of complex electronic systems.
- Working towards, or achieved Incorporated or Chartered Engineer status.
- Confident presenting to a range of internal parties.
Safety Engineer, Defence, Systems.
Southwest or Greater London, open to hybrid working arrangements.
Competitive salary, paid overtime, bonus scheme, benefit package, career progression.
Key skills: Safety Engineering, System Engineering, Defence, Safety Case, Cost.
A great opportunity to work in a technical capacity for a leading defence company that along with having an incredible history, has a track-record of developing and supporting its employees.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries.
If you don't hear from us within 7 working days, please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, to SC level.
This is a permanent position.