Job descriptionSafety Engineer
Your experience of engineering systems, leading tasks, and managing smaller projects while undertaking safety engineering activities can add immediate value to this role and the consultancy.
You will have the opportunity to work for a leading multi-national Defence systems provider which boasts some of most advanced facilities in their areas of expertise. A corporate benefits package and transparent career development opportunities are on offer within this vibrant Engineering environment.
About the role:
As Safety Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Undertaking safety engineering activities as defined by the Project Safety Plans and in compliance with the principles identified in the Safety Management System (SMS).
- Participating in / running hazard identification and risk assessment workshops with customers.
- Carrying out Hazard Analysis to define safety requirements and detailed technical system analysis, to demonstrate that safety requirements can be met.
- Developing safety arguments and safety cases to support assurance and certification activities, including the identification of appropriate evidence to show the arguments are reasonable, well-constructed and justified.
- Carrying out reviews of third-party safety analysis (FMECA, FTA, ETA etc.).
- Successful candidates will be degree educated in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other related disciplines and will have worked in a Safety critical Engineer.
- Knowledge or experience in the Defence, Aviation and/or Aerospace domains would be ideal.
- Applicants will have had experience of the application of safety and risk engineering processes, to identify hazards, assess risk and implement controls to reduce risk to an acceptable level.
- Ideally you will also have experience of working directly with clients and of presenting information and findings accurately and concisely.
Location: Corsham, Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, some homeworking
Salary: 30-50K + Bens
Please apply if you are interested in joining a high-tech engineering company experiencing excellent growth with a good range of projects and progression opportunities.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days, please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This role is a permanent position.