Job descriptionYour experience in consultative technical selling, understanding of best practice in sales processes, and experience in the marine, environmental, water quality industries or similar, will help you to support my client as a Sales Manager.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leader in sensor manufacturing and design, and work alongside a team of talented scientists, designers, and engineers, producing best-in-class environmental monitoring technology to make the world safer, cleaner, and smarter.
About the role
Currently, my client has a requirement for a talented and highly motivated Sales Manager to take on their environmental technology portfolio and help further their success across the global marine and water quality sectors. As a Sales Manager, you’ll be responsible for selling the next generation of Single Turnover Active Fluorometry technology-based instrumentation to measure phytoplankton primary productivity.
This role will execute day-to-day sales activities and management necessary to achieve targeted revenue and growth. Over time you will grow in to maintaining and support existing key customer accounts, as well as identify and develop new opportunities for the promotion of products and solutions; ensuring that sales processes maximise customer satisfaction and firmly establish the business as the supplier and partner of choice. Other responsibilities will include:
- Finding, developing, closing, and administering new and existing sales opportunities, using all available outreach and communications methods.
- Promoting and supporting sales activities in established market areas and create sales strategies to introduce new and existing products/services into new market areas, ensuring excellent levels of financial return on sales/services.
- Conduct product demonstrations and live training sessions with prospective clients and customers as required.
- Pro-actively support and help develop reseller networks by hosting information exchanges, disseminating product and company updates, and regularly sharing the latest marketing collateral to support their success.
- To gather and communicate market information to inform and influence Sales, Business Development, Marketing and Engineering efforts across the business.
- To enhance reputation and profile, promoting the Company’s name, brand and capabilities through active networking and participation with trade bodies, institutions/ societies etc, and conference presentations, publication of papers and delivery of innovative targeted marketing initiatives.
- Participate in digital and physical conferences and exhibitions as a delegate or exhibitor and presenting products and services during talks and panel discussions. This may involve regular international travel as required.
- Producing detailed and high-quality documentation, including quotations, proposals visit reports, briefings, project proposals and sales plans as required.
To be suitable for the role you will have the ability to source, negotiate, and close sales opportunities to meet or exceed sales targets, as well as experience communicating with a multi-national customer base at all levels of seniority. You must also be able to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Degree in a technical or scientific subject (science, engineering, operations) or have demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of the marine, environmental or water quality industry is highly desirable, but for those who can demonstrate exceptional sales ability from a relatable sector, full training can be provided.
- Good understanding of the underwater technology sector: market forces/drivers, customer processes and priorities etc.
- Utilising CRM software effectively
- Experience of developing and managing sales funnels
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Job Title - Sales Manager
- Location - Molesey area, Surrey
- Salary – Negotiable, depending on experience
- Technical or Scientific subject Degree, or relevant, demonstrable experience
- Experience in the marine, environmental, water quality industries or similar
- CRM software
- Understanding and knowledge of best practice in sales processes
- Finding, negotiating, and closing sales opportunities and meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Experience of developing and managing sales funnels
- General business and commercial acumen
From publishing new research by their world-class scientists, to loaning technology to exciting projects globally, my client is much more than just a manufacturer. Join a company that is proud of its diverse workforce and pro-actively seeks to be an inclusive employer. If have the drive and resilience to succeed, they will welcome everything else that makes you unique.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet these criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to several high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days, please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This role is a permanent position