Our client in Stevenage is looking for a Satellite Equipment Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team on a contract basis. Please note, you must hold current SC clearance to be eligible for this position.
This role will sit within the Communication Products group which is responsible for the development of Digital Processors for use in telecommunication Satellites. The processor functionality ranges from high capacity channelisers, supporting inter-satellite optical data links, to implementing cryptographic algorithms to protect the spacecraft.
In this rewarding role you will join a multi-disciplinary team with access to experts in all disciplines, and be responsible for developing some of the highest performing digital communication payload equipment available anywhere in the world as part of the rapidly expanding UK space sector.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include -
- Produce conceptual and detail mechanical designs for electronic equipment.
- Support structural, thermal and radiation analyses of their designs by specialist engineers.
- Liaise with manufacturing engineers to implement Design for Manufacture.
- Produce manufacturing data and documentation including procurement drawings, assembly drawings and BOMs.
- Approval and release of designs within a PDM system (Windchill).
- Work within the framework of company standards, procedures, and processes and maintain design files for all work undertaken.
- Manage their time in accordance with the overall product schedule.
- Communicate design solutions and detailed knowledge to peers, supervisor and product managers in an effective manner.
Essential requirements -
- Extensive in the use of CAD tools for Mechanical and PCB Design.
- A further education qualification in mechanical engineering or a related discipline. Alternatively, demonstrable experience in the field of mechanical engineering.
- A strong desire to work in the area of electronics packaging for mission critical applications.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
Desirable requirements -
- Experience of Catia V5 and V6/3DX VPM mechanical design tool.
- Experience of Mentor Graphics Expedition PCB layout including DxDesigner and CES.
* Experience of Windchill or Teamcentre Product data Management tool
* Knowledge of high speed digital and mixed signal physical design.
Duration: 6 months
Keywords: mechanical design, PCB, electronic packaging, CAD, Catia V5, Catia V6, DxDesigner, CES, aerospace, defence, space, manufacturing, SC clearance Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.