Your experience of Systems Engineering and ability to manage the technical complexity of whole weapon system aspects, will help you to contribute to a system team delivering technical aspects of the Sea Viper support solution as part of the System Design Authority team.
As the Sea Viper Launcher and Munition Focal Point, you will sustain the capability of the Sea Viper system.
You will have the opportunity to work for a leading multi-national Defence systems provider which boasts some of most advanced facilities in their areas of expertise.
About the job:
Our client currently requires someone to become the Launcher and Munition focal point supporting the sustainment of Sea Viper capability. These work strands offer a wide variety in terms of scope of work in a dynamic and challenging environment.
Key work packages includes:
- Focal Point for Launcher and Munition related technical queries supporting the in service capability sustainment
- Focal point for all Technical Information and Advice Proposals / S2022A (MoD advice form) queries
- Review the Sea Viper Technical Events Log for technical queries and safety related events
- Maintain a suite of project specific processes
- Technical correctness of the Sea Viper technical documentation (Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals)
- Support other system/sub-system technical query resolution as required
As the Sea Viper Launcher and Munition Focal Point you will be responsible for the following:
- Manage technical aspects of Sea Viper Technical Events
- Carry out technical analyses and investigations of system-level issues and opportunities, including conduct of trade-off studies
- Manage the System Design verification and validation activities
- Provide support to transversal activities (Safety, Security, EMC and Environmental)
- Deliver and manage the Project Specific Process Documents
- Provide and/or oversee technical support and troubleshooting responses
- Generate technical reports to the Customer
As the Sea Viper Launcher and Munition Focal Point your skills will ideally include:
- A relevant engineering-related degree (or equivalent experience).
- Manage the technical complexity of whole weapon system aspects
- Able to articulate clearly and concisely to both internal and Customer projects teams.
- Able to gain a broad understanding of complex weapon systems and to engage effectively with MoD and Industry partners at different levels.
- Able to respond quickly and effectively to changing priorities and to address emergent issues in a diverse environment.
Sea Viper Launcher and Munition Focal Point
£38,000 - £48,000
Keywords: Defence, Systems, Sub-system, Munition, Launcher, Proposals, Engineering Lead, Weapons systems, air defence, system design,
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, to SC level.
This is a permanent position.