Job descriptionYour experience of systems design and qualification engineering will help you to develop a complex weapons system going through its next phase of life with major upgrades proposed to be rolled out over the coming years. As a System Design Engineer, you will support key elements of the system design activities for the first increment of the major capability update to the system. The role would be reporting to the system design engineering manager for the project.
You will have the opportunity to work for a leading multi-national Defence systems provider which boasts some of most advanced facilities in their areas of expertise. A corporate benefits package and transparent career development opportunities are on offer within this vibrant Engineering environment.
About the job:
Our client currently requires the services of a Systems Design Engineer to mature and de-risk the weapon system design to provide a brand new capability. The role will include;
- Supporting the development of a coherent weapon system design baseline, including supporting the identification and progression of design queries, and ensuring a coherent and consistent system design alongside the wider evolving Sea Viper design;
- Supporting the development of a qualification strategy and progressing the system design verification and validation activities for the project;
- Supporting the progression of the project requirement baseline, progressing flow-down and supporting the agreement of sub-system requirements;
- Supporting the progression of the key interface baselines, including the data exchange specifications between Sea Viper C2 and the combat management system and radar, requiring engagement with the C2, CMS and radar design authorities;
- Supporting the progression of technical analyses and investigations of system-level issues and opportunities, including conduct of trade-off studies, and any key supporting system design studies required to de-risk the system design;
- Supporting key design reviews;
- Opportunities to form relationships, both at a customer interaction level and the industry partners and suppliers, including supporting relevant customer working groups;
- Engagement with sub-system design authorities.
As a Systems Design Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· Systems engineering background with some awareness and experience of different phases of the CADMID cycle from concept to manufacture, including generating TRSs, interface definitions, V&V planning, trials planning, qualification evidence generation and collation, generation of certification documents;
· Awareness of system engineering processes;
· Awareness of weapon system design concepts; some experience working on air defence systems desirable; some knowledge of C2, missile and radar design desirable;
· Ability to communicate with peers;
· Ability to communicate with members of the stakeholder community desirable;
· Ability to produce concise, coherent and detailed technical reports of a high quality;
· Ability to work autonomously and proactively is desirable;
· Ability to work confidently in the face of ambiguity and multiple conflicting priorities to be able to identify the priority tasks is desirable.
System Design Engineer
Keywords: Systems Engineer, Weapons System, Missile System, Design, Requirements, DOORS, Systems Architecture, Systems Design, Systems Validation, Defence, Military, Maritime, Land, Air, Sea.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, to SC level.
This is a permanent position.