Job descriptionOur client in Blackbushe is looking for a Development Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. This will be a mixture of on site and remote working. This role is open to both junior and senior level engineers.
The successful candidate will work as part of a world class Custom Projects delivery team responsible for the design, development and testing of subsea systems and instruments that solve the unique requirements of customers in various offshore markets including Energy, Ocean Science, Defence and Civil Engineering. Responsibilities will include creation of system architectures, electronic circuits, firmware and software development.
The scope of the role includes development of embedded software, firmware and electronics
hardware on a range of subsea instruments developed within the company.
The key competencies required include:
- The scope of the role includes development of embedded software on a range of subsea instruments developed within the company. The key competencies required include:
- Develop reliable embedded software in programming languages including C and C++ for embedded platforms. Typically ARM processors running RTOS.
- Drive the development of designs into safe, reliable, and robust working systems, creating and documenting architectures, developing code, and testing it to meet requirements.
- Participate in reviews of designs and assess different techniques or approaches to ensure the best one is chosen for the project.
- Develop and maintain excellent communication channels across the Company and in particular Engineering and Technology departments.
- Comprehensive experience of C/C++ in an embedded environment
- Demonstrable industrial experience
- Optimisation for power on embedded platforms
- Attention to detail
- Source control, e.g. Git, Surround
- Embedded Linux Demonstrable industrial experience
- Real time operating systems / bare metal development
- Programming languages, c#, c , c++ , DSP programming
- Attention to detail Testing strategies for embedded software
- Acoustic principles and theory
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Keywords: development engineer, system architecture, firmware, embedded software, electronics hardware