Job descriptionAn exciting opportunity has arisen to join my client, a world leader in the defence sector, as a Senior Electrical Engineer. Your technical experience within Electrical / Electronic Engineering and understanding of the design process throughout the product life cycle, will help you to support the Portfolio Management Technical Team.
You will have the chance to join a team that pioneers the company’s engineering strategy, who operate in a unique position, sitting across all projects and equipment teams. Personal development is a keystone of the team, so building on your skills and experience will be a priority. This is a fantastic opportunity to steer your career progression through networking and demonstration of novel thinking.
About the role
Your role as an Electrical Engineer / Architect within the Portfolio Management Technical Team, will influence the design processes for Portfolio products. You will take advantage of Commonality, Modularity and Reuse in the design of products used across multiple projects, delivering new capabilities and cost efficiencies to customers. These products may include equipment such as Inertial Measurement Units, Safety & Arming Units, Motor Safety Interface Units and Datalinks. Other responsibilities will include:
- Taking a flexible and creative approach with all stakeholders when managing risks posed by emerging engineering issues
- Support the Chief Design Engineer to develop, maintain and publish the Portfolio risk register
- Support projects and equipment design authorities by translating the Portfolio Obsolescence Management Strategy into engineering plans
- Manage delivery risk awareness by establishing links with Supply Chain and Manufacturing to provide support where required
- Manage Commonality, Modularity and Reuse within Portfolio products across projects, identifying and mitigating risks, and identifying opportunities to the customer
- Establish clear communication between the team and all stakeholders
To be suitable for the role, you will be able to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Communicate effectively with different engineering disciplines within the company, external suppliers, and the customer
- Ability to effectively manage priorities when presented with issues across multiple projects
- Working knowledge of defence / industry standards
- Qualified to degree level in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, or equivalent demonstrable experience in a related industry
- Senior Electrical Engineer, Electrical Architect
- Location – Home Counties, Hertfordshire. Possibly Bristol
- Salary - Up to £45,000 dependent on experience, plus excellent benefits
- Electrical / Electronics Engineering
- Product Design
- PDL, Product Development Lifecycle
- Risk Management
- Project Management
In your career within a leading Defence organisation, you'll find yourself pushing outside your comfort zone, exploring new ideas, collaborating with experts and through this, you will continue to learn, grow, and develop every day. You will work together with purpose, providing better, smarter, and more effective mission critical capabilities. Reward comes hand in hand with your role, meaning you can also enjoy the excellent benefits that they have to offer.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This role is a permanent position