Job descriptionWith your experience in Electrical building services design and Project Management / Leadership, you could make an immediate impact for my client; a leading engineering / building consultancy firm known for their technical excellence and ability to innovate, who aim to enhance the lives of others, by engineering outstanding projects, mindful that every project matters. They are now expanding their team after winning a large defence building project in London and require a highly experienced and motivated Senior Electrical Engineer.
About the Job:
The Senior Electrical Engineer – Defence Projects will predominantly focus on delivering UK government defence projects.
This role will make a difference to the business and team in the following ways:
The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for the delivery of engineering services from design through to construction. This role primarily works independently applying deep technical knowledge and skills on large/complex projects. May be involved in mentoring less experienced team members, act as a Project Leader responsible for project performance over time and/or manage a small team (typically 1-2 direct reports).
As the Senior Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Project Co-ordination
- Lighting Designs utilising Dialux Software
- Producing Electrical design calculations using Amtech Software
- Take an active role in project meetings
- Liaising with both internal and external design teams
- Supervision of Junior staff
- Compliance with company QA system
- Take an active role in marketing and work winning activities where appropriate
To be suitable for the Senior Electrical Engineer role you should have:
- Strong engineering experience in the field of electrical building services design
- A recognised mechanical engineering qualification
- Previous project leader/project management experience with multi-disciplinary project teams, including managing project resources and project finances
- Experience designing commercial office buildings.
- Highly effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels as well as with different technical backgrounds
- The ability to exercise substantial initiative and high-level judgement and to work autonomously to meet objectives
- Familiarity with the full range of RIBA design stages, from Stage 1 right through to Stage 4A tender design
- A working level understanding of other engineering disciplines including electrical, public health and fire protection is highly desirable
- Senior Electrical Engineer – Defence Projects
- Negotiable salary
Senior Electrical Engineer, Defence Projects, Project Manager, Project Leader, RIBA, Engineering Services, Design, Construction.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, to DV level.
This role is a Permanent position