Job descriptionYour experience within Systems Engineering (specifically requirements) and experience of undertaking systems engineering and/or requirements engineering projects can help you support a leading consultancy’s Requirements and Acceptance team as a Senior Systems/Requirements Engineer.
This role is based in Bristol for a world-leading, multi-national organisation that will challenge and develop your technical capabilities, and offer you the chance to work in a developing, cutting-edge environment in some of most advanced facilities in their areas of expertise.
About the job:
My client currently requires a Senior Systems/Requirements Engineer to support and lead a range of projects, mainly in the Defence, Nuclear and Energy domains (but potentially in any field), working with other consultants and contributing to the successful delivery of contracts to customers. The work will entail;
- Delivering (and ultimately leading) projects related to User and System Requirements, Acceptance (including Verification and Validation work), Model-Based Systems Engineering and potentially modelling and architecture.
- Engagement with clients and Business Managers to deliver projects, identify future opportunities, develop enquiries and bids.
To be suitable for the Senior Systems/Requirements Engineer role, you will have a good understanding of the systems engineering processes, as well as experience of applying these skills within a complex technical environment. You will be able to demonstrate strong knowledge and application of contemporary Systems Engineering practices and methods, the ability to apply relevant Systems Engineering methodologies and toolsets, as well as demonstrating that you are able to apply 'Systems Thinking' to problems at technical, project or enterprise level. You will need;
- An understanding of the V lifecycle, User Requirements, System Requirements, interface management and verification & validation.
- Evidence of experience in elicitation of User and System Requirements, and associated Acceptance/V&V, within complex engineering projects.
- The use of Model Based Systems Engineering techniques in support of requirements development.
- You will demonstrable the ability to apply relevant Systems Engineering methodologies and toolsets (including experience of IBM Rational DOORS® software), as well as demonstrating that you are able to apply 'Systems Thinking' to problems at technical, project or enterprise level.
- You must possess excellent communication skills both verbal.
- An understanding of MBSE and architecture modelling techniques, such as CAMEO, TOGAF/NAF and other tools would be an advantage.
- An understanding of Asset Management practices including awareness of ISO 55000
Requirements Senior Engineer
Permanent role – Salary negotiable
Keywords: Systems Engineer, Requirements, DOORS, Model, Verification, Validation, SysML, Qualification, MBSE, Model Based Systems Engineering, Acceptance.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
This is a permanent position