Senior IT Security Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior IT Security Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Nick Haaker|
|Job Published:||July 13, 2018 16:57|
My client is looking to revolutionise IT service offerings and wide business applications and architectures by focusing on Business Value. What are they thinking about? Concepts include: transitioning to digital products, adopting agile delivery approaches, focusing on cloud services & hybrid networks, and applying focus to supporting company project bids.
The future of IT is here!
Due to the ever growing IT security threats and to the fact we live in a digital world and everything we do leaves a digital footprint, I am looking to recruit a Senior Security Engineer to work in the Dorking Area (minimal travel) to help develop & implement the best security products and networks.
This is an exciting opportunity within internal IT security teams for an experienced security engineer to work in a team providing security services for over 18,000 users in a distributed, global network.
We are looking for a flexible, problem solving, security engineer who is also capable of analyzing potential security incidents, automating security processes and driving change.
CISSP, CISM or equivalent
Degree in information security or computer science
The candidate must have considerable years of experience in a multinational IT team and the following:
* Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer
* Experience in building and maintaining security systems
* Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
* Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
* Experience with network security concepts, network monitoring tools and system security tools.
* Experience of vulnerability detection tools
* Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
* Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
* Good problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
The ideal candidate will also have experience of:
* Working with ITIL processes
* Using common utilities for detecting, evaluating and responding to malware
* VMWare / Hyper-V security
* Virtualization security
* Storage security
* Cloud PaaS and IaaS security
* Managing our Privileged Access Management solution including developing solutions for new use cases, documenting our existing service, transitioning the service to operations and providing high level support.
* Reviewing our existing DLP solution, identifying a suitable replacement, transitioning to operations and responding to DLP incidents.
* Investigating IoC bulletins and ensuring that these are handled correctly by network security, host security and application support teams.
* Reviewing Active Directory and Office365 logs, developing requirements for centralised protective monitoring solution
* Undertaking risk assessments to approve exemptions and to support projects
* Investigating security incidents reported by users and developing processes to triage
* Identifying and driving the remediation of technical vulnerabilities and misconfigurations
* Supporting our antimalware infrastructure
* Developing and maintaining security incident response plans
* Developing and operating forensic procedures
* Ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships
* Demonstrate ownership of and accountability for relevant products and services
* Ability to plan, prioritize and complete your own work, whilst remaining a team player Ability to interact successfully with all levels of our Customers management
* Experience of security administration in a global enterprise.
* Strong work ethic and commitment to service delivery.
Role:Senior IT Security Engineer
Skills: IA, Information Security, Information Assurance, Consulting, Cyber Security, CISA, CISSP, CCP, CESG, SOC, Analyst, Security, Architecture, AV, Malware, ITIL, CISM, crisc, cgeit, giac, comptia, isaca, cisco
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This is a Permanent position
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Software QA Engineer
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus
Senior Systems Engineer
Requirements and Acceptance Engineers - Senior Systems Engineer