Job descriptionMy client, a world leader in the defence sector, requires a Senior Legal Advisor to assist stakeholders and the senior management team, providing legal advice as required.
Senior Legal Advisor
The Senior Legal Advisor will work in the UK Legal Teams, ensuring that the business operates with minimum acceptable risk with regard to legal implications, that the company recognises its rights, whether contractual or in relation to assets e.g. intellectual property and can utilise and protect such rights. You will also ensure that the company can avoid taking on risks/liabilities (particularly with respect to the projects of the business) which could have a material financial impact.
You will provide guidance and advice to all departments within the business. Inherently the role is mixed, both in the context of the range of legal advice required and with responsibility for activities which do not fall squarely within other areas (examples: OECD, Data Protection and Freedom of Information).
You will provide advice on matters including:
- Contractual terms (e.g. sales and marketing, procurement, R&D, co-operation and partnering and security related agreements, IT).
- Intellectual property.
- Regulatory issues.
- Company secretarial duties, including board minutes and resolutions.
- Defcons and other Government/s terms.
- Provision of training, particularly to the Procurement and Commercial functions on contractual terms and conditions and Defcons.
- Training and development of junior members of the team.
- Acquisitions & disposals.
To be considered for this role, applicants will need to be a qualified Solicitor or Barrister, qualified to LLB, BA (Law) or above. You will demonstrate strong legal skills, happy to work in a “generalist” role, with a desire to learn on the job and expand their competencies. Experience of working with DefCons within the defence sector is an essential requirement for this role.
You will have:
- The ability to understand a complex situation and summarise it in a concise and easy to understand format.
- The skills and authority to convince clients, both in-house and external.
- The ability to interface easily with other functions in a multi-cultural environment.
- A willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, even during times of rapid change.
- Strong drafting, legal analysis and negotiating skills.
- A willingness to accept responsibility and ownership.
- The ability to multi-task and generate solutions.
Fluency in French or another language useful but not essential.
Senior Legal Advisor
Bristol or Stevenage
Salary £85-95k DOE plus car allowance, bonus and benefits
Key Skills: Senior Legal Advisor, Legal Advisor, Legal Counsel, Solicitor, Barrister, LLB, Law, Legal, Legal Advice, Defence, DefCon.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet these criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This role is a PERMANENT position