Senior Linux Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Linux Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Kevin Raymond|
|Job Published:||March 15, 2019 16:51|
My client is a leading multinational defence technology company with multiple sites around the UK. They have an enviable reputation and employ nearly 6000 people. Providing solutions and products.
Due to an increase in work an opportunity has arisen for a Senior Linux Engineer, you will solve complex problems and work in a team which delivers IT to support Cyber Security Services and the delivery of corporate IT Services. You will have the opportunity to work with experts across several disciplines.
*Apply and enforce systems security processes, policies and tools as defined by the Security Manager, across the business to protect the integrity of systems and to ensure full compliance with corporate and legal requirements.
* Act as an escalation and support point in regard of ensuring other team members (across IT infrastructure and project teams) in meeting the above objective around Cyber security
* Ensure the amount of downtime for Linux systems is minimised by the timely recovery of incident tickets in line with Service Level Agreements.
* Be expected to lead business critical change projects, including allocating work to others.
* Be responsible for ensuring the live environment is available to the business and is not compromised by project developments or routine BAU changes.
* The development of 'standard' builds/services for adoption across the estate to gain maximum efficiency and effectiveness in Linux deployments.
* Technical Leadership of all staff directly (or indirectly) managing and supporting Linux Systems.
* Perform proactive reviews of the current architecture and configuration to ensure the best security practices and standards are applied at all times.
* Highlight areas of concern, and ideas for improvement, when there is belief that systems or services could be impacted or improved.
Essential Technical skills:
* CentOS or Red Hat Enterprise Linux
* Apache httpd
* IP Tables
* Shell scripting
Desirable Technical skills:
* MySQL and/or PostgreSQL.
* BIND DNS
This is a Permanent role
Location - Worcester, Worcestershire, Malvern
Keywords - Linux, Redhat CentOS, Cyber, Server, Infrastructure, defence,
Salary: Dependent on Experience and Skills -
If you feel you have the suitable skills and experience and are looking to work for one of the countries leading defence and technology companies and work with some of the leading individuals within the sector. Our client can offer excellent opportunities for career progression and diversity across a range of sectors. Please get in touch.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Electronics Engineer
Senior ILS Engineer
£30000 - £65000 per annum + benefits
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Bens