Senior / Principal Consultant - Simulation Architect
|Job Title:||Senior / Principal Consultant - Simulation Architect|
|Salary:||Up to £75000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Kathrine Gorman|
|Job Published:||November 03, 2021 14:52|
My client is looking for a Simulation Architect to take up a vital role in shaping some of their exciting projects. You'll lead teams by listening to customers, advising, and applying Architecture principles to requirements modelling and system design. You will help shape the Business, Information and Technology layers in the design of Modelling and Simulation techniques. We have a huge variety of projects on all the time, ranging from niche consultancy projects to large, high-profile programmes, so you'll always be able to keep yourself challenged.
* Working closely with clients to figure out where we can help.
* Identifying and engaging with appropriate stakeholders to assess requirements and an understand the complete service lifecycle including concept through to sourcing, design, build, test, and deployment.
* Requirement's definition and management, calling out options, considerations & priorities which require a business decision.
* Delivery of full lifecycle systems engineering, including Integration, test verification and validation.
* Leading reviews of as-is capabilities or in-flight projects.
* Capturing full life costs across the enterprise landscape and understanding the value chain.
* Influencing stakeholders to introduce appropriate best practice.
* Overseeing or undertaking user research, data analysis and horizon scanning.
* Collaborating across Atkins to gather thought leadership for integration into client facing work and white papers.
* Working with markets and bid teams to shape tender responses and produce high quality content and documentation.
* Developing your own knowledge and understanding of consulting skills and client markets, whilst supporting the development of others in the team around you.
What can you bring
* Experienced soft skills, collaboration, inclusion, diversity, equality and a people first attitude.
* Articulate with a passion for supporting and driving digital change.
* Persuasive and politically astute; able to collaborate with and positively influence stakeholders.
* Team or consulting leadership with a strong focus on diversity and inclusion.
* Experience in the application of Modelling and Simulation to meet one or more of the following use-cases: Performance tuning, Safety, Testing, Training, Gaming or Scientific modelling of Natural systems.
* Experience of Interactive, Interoperable and/or Distributed Simulation.
* Good general consulting skills (structured thinking, effective report writing and presentations, and strong stakeholder engagement).
* Planning and research; drawing on academia, public and private sector best practice, legislative standards, and future thought leadership studies.=
Additional Experience would be beneficial
* Experience in the application of simulation to conduct failure analysis.
* Familiarity or interest in gaming engines (i.e., Unreal, Unity, OpenGL, 3D Modelling).
* Familiarity with Open Data standards and their application to modelling and simulation.
* Familiarity with any key frameworks or standards related to modelling and simulation (i.e. I.EEE 1516,1278,1730, Stanag 4603, SISO, SOFA, SOSA, DMSP and JSP 939).
* Any Architectural modelling skills using UML, BPMN, ArchiMate 3.0 and Enterprise Architecture tooling such as Archi, BiZZDesign Enterprise Studio, Sparx Enterprise Architect and MooD and Thought leadership.
Position - Senior / Principal Consultant - Simulation Architect
Location - Multiple locations - Bristol, Aldershot, Cheltenham, London, Manchester
Salary - £75k+ plus benefits
Keywords - Modelling and Simulation, Interoperable and/or Distributed Simulation, Gaming engines (Unreal, Unity, OpenGL, 3D Modelling).
Apply for this role is you share the desire to be at the forefront of the Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. My client empowers their people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This is a Permanent Role
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's