Senior Software Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Software Engineer|
|Salary:||Bonus + pension|
|Contact Name:||Kevin Raymond|
|Job Published:||July 12, 2019 15:36|
Our client is a world leader in the design and manufacture of avionics antennas and electrical control systems for military and civil communications. Also world leaders in in radar and RF interference mitigation. They are looking for an embedded Software Engineer to join the team and work on frequency agile VHF tuneable antennas
This is an opportunity to work for a global business working at a cutting edge R&D facility joining an experienced team to continue the development of world leading integrated communications environment products.
* The purpose of the role is the design, coding, debugging, testing and maintenance of software for embedded applications encompassing both low-level microprocessor code as well as higher level software designs running within an embedded operating system environment.
* This will be undertaken alongside other technical activities while working with hardware and software engineers to deliver specific project goals derived from future product requirements.
* Responsibilities will include the development and implementation of application logic, peripheral drivers, protocols, human-machine interfaces and documentation of the same.
* A key element of the role will be the delivery of software within agreed timescales and to budget.
* The right candidate will be capable of designing and delivering robust code. Demonstration of competence in using C is essential as is embedded programming experience of both low level and high level code.
* C experience in an embedded environment
* Experience of embedded processors and real-time operating systems
* Experience of interfacing with hardware devices and peripherals
* Solid understanding of software development life-cycles and processes
* Experience of requirement analysis, software design and software architecture
* Experience with source control tools such as SubVersion and Git
* Behavioural: self-starting, adaptable, problem solving
Nice to have:
* C++ experience in an embedded environment
* Object Oriented Design and Programming experience
* Familiarity with desktop application, GUI/event-based design
Location: Buckinghamshire, Marlow, High Wycombe
Salary - Negotiable.
Key Skills - C++, OOD, Embedded, Hardware, Software, Processors, GIT, SubVersion, Real Time, RTOS
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Java Software Engineer
Cyber Security Software Engineer
Senior FPGA Design Engineer
negotiable + benefits
Head Of Software