Senior Software Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Software Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Kevin Raymond|
|Job Published:||August 21, 2019 10:05|
Our Client is a leading manufacturer of GNSS navigation systems, based North of Oxford, they are looking for a Senior Software Engineer GUI, this role will involve applications, graphical software and data analysis using Microsoft Windows.
1) Develop application and GUI software covering the full software life-cycle. Capture customer/user requirements, then design, develop, test and maintain software, including the release process, version control of software releases, and bug management.
2) Manage complex software projects; plan, track and manage development tasks. Work to deadlines and adapt plans as necessary to meet project objectives. Manage internal and external resources. Coordinate and work collaboratively with other departments to successfully achieve delivery of software projects and products.
3) Develop and use company procedures, processes, and consistent styles. Adhere to coding standards when developing software. Maintain software traceability, update software documentation, use version control for all software and document changes.
4) Have an excellent knowledge of C, C++ and C# programming languages, of the objects in programming libraries, including .NET and class libraries, windows operating system and how it interacts with the software environment. Have an excellent knowledge of objects, decomposition of a software project into objects, and object re-use across projects.
5) Specify, install, use and maintain tools and technologies (e.g. development environments) needed for software development.
6) Investigate ideas, suggestions and problems related to existing and new software products raised by staff, reps and customers, communicating and responding to ensure issues are resolved promptly and appropriately.
7) Identify opportunities, develop proposals and make plans for innovation and improvement in existing or new software products, based on a good understanding of the products and how they combine inertial navigation and GNSS for application in markets including the Survey, Marine and Automotive markets.
*Strong C#, good C/C++
*Good Knowledge of WinForms, WPF, Multi-threaded development
Key Words: Software, GUI, C++, C#, .NET, Windows, Algorithms, WPF, Winforms
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, Bicester
Salary: to £47000 + Bonus and Benefits
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
C++/Java Senior Software Engineer - Linux Developer
Embedded Software Engineer
£40000 - £55000 per annum
Senior Electronics Engineer
Senior Sonar Systems Engineer
£30000 - £65000 per annum + benefits