Job descriptionYour in depth understanding of systems engineering across the systems engineering lifecycle and background in consultancy will help you to support my client’s as a Senior or Principal Systems Engineering consultant. You will lead teams that use Systems thinking to analyse, assess and develop ways to mitigate safety, environmental and cyber threats across Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology markets.
You will have the opportunity to work for leading global consultancy who work across a wide variety of projects with a top reputation for their design and engineering expertise. A "Total Reward", package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs and transparent career development opportunities are on offer within this vibrant Engineering environment.
About the job:
Our client currently requires Senior and Principal Systems Engineering Consultants to lead teams that use Systems thinking to analyse, assess and develop ways to mitigate safety, environmental and cyber threats. They have a huge variety of projects on all the time, ranging from niche consultancy projects to large, high profile programmes. So, you'll always be able to keep yourself challenged.
Responsibilities include: -
- Delivering identified engineering outputs within time, cost and quality constraints as part of an engineering service to a client.
- Draft and implement strategies to achieve successful client decision milestones.
- Provide consultancy to client project and engineering managers.
- Fulfil a senior role within a client’s own delivery team.
- Managing multi-party and multidisciplinary teams to execute engineering plans.
- Development of engineering documentation, e.g. Management Plans, Requirement Strategies, Acceptance Plans, Architectural Definitions.
- Engage Subject Matter Experts to capture requirements, risks or solution options.
- Conduct technical analysis and make recommendations.
- Engage with wider industry to understand and shape potential solutions.
- Proactively identify opportunities and contribute to growth.
- Deliver analysis reports to identify key risks and shortfalls.
- Participate in or lead design reviews.
- Implement quality assurance to satisfy both corporate and clients.
- Achieve client acceptance across a range of engineering deliverables.
As a Senior or Principal Systems Engineering Consultant your skills and qualifications will include:
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline such as engineering, mathematics, science, software or equivalent depth of experience in an engineering field.
- Professionally recognised with an appropriate institution e.g. CEng, CSEP.
- A commensurate level of senior experience in any of these areas:
- Working in complex systems from digital, communications, sensors, platforms to software and advanced technology integration.
- Applying systems engineering processes (e.g. ISO15288:2015) across the lifecycle.
- Knowledge of modelling languages and architecture frameworks, e.g. UML, Archimate, TOGAF, MODAF.
- Managing projects and teams within different development methods.
- Understanding of different tools and techniques applied to engineering to capture requirements and develop solution designs, e.g. Model Based Systems Engineering.
- Understanding of engineering within the MOD’s procurement framework, Knowledge In Defence (KID).
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to build trusted relationships.
- Ability to understand, simplify and explain subject matter to non-engineers and senior stakeholders.
Senior / Principal Systems Engineering Consultant
Bristol, Aldershot and various other locations
Keywords: Systems engineer, Hardware, Software, Defence, Requirements management, Design, Integration, Acceptance, Analysis, V&V, Test, DOORS, Military, System, Sub-system, UML, SysML, MoDAF, ISO15288, Modelling, MBSE.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, to SC level.
This is a permanent position.