Job descriptionYour understanding of aerospace engineering or advanced air mobility and knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycle will help you to support my client as a Senior Systems Engineer. You will work across the futures Aerospace industry including work on the UK Future Flight Challenge where they are leading the Aviation Innovation which will assess the feasibility and development of a novel air transport eco-system, using the South West as a testbed, with the aim to demonstrate air taxi services by 2023.
To support this exciting area of growth, we are looking for enthusiastic individuals that work on aircraft systems, flight operations, airspace integration, regulator frameworks and infrastructure to support the development of the future of flight.
You will have the opportunity to work for leading global consultancy who work across a wide variety of projects with a top reputation for their design and engineering expertise. A "Total Reward", package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs and transparent career development opportunities are on offer within this vibrant Engineering environment.
About the job:
Our client currently requires a Senior Systems Engineers to work on some cutting edge aerospace systems programmes and to advise on and shape the future of flight. Responsibilities include: -
- Support to the growth of the Advanced Air Mobility capability through the provision of systems engineering expertise.
- Support to the development of Advanced Air Mobility Operational Framework through the provision of System of Systems thinking.
- Collaboration with industry and regulatory stakeholders to understand and shape potential solutions.
- Conduct technical analyses of a wide range of topics (e.g. through-life sustainability of vehicles, asset management, command and control and human factors) and make recommendations.
- Develop understanding of customers’ needs and development of appropriate solutions.
To be suitable for the Senior Systems Engineer (Advanced Air Mobility) role you will have;
- Degree or equivalent depth of experience. We welcome applications from candidates who can demonstrate that their degree and experience has equipped them to be creative and a systems thinker.
- Experience in one or more aspect of AAM subject including aircraft systems, flight operations, airspace integration, regulator frameworks and infrastructure.
- A good understanding of the regulatory environment in which AAM will operate.
- Innovative, out of the box thinking and comfortable with challenging existing processes and limitation through cross collaboration with others.
- A commensurate level of experience in the following areas:
- Systems Engineering and the application of systems engineering processes (e.g. ISO15288:2015) across the system lifecycle.
- Working with complex systems and advanced system integration.
- Techniques applied in engineering to capture requirements and develop solution designs, e.g. Model Based Systems Engineering.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills to communicate effectively and build trusted relationships.
- Ability to understand, simplify and explain subject matter to non-engineers and senior stakeholders.
Depending upon your background:
- Professionally recognised with an appropriate professional institution e.g. CEng, IEng or equivalent.
- Contribution to the body of knowledge being developed for AAM (e.g. university thesis or white paper).
- Knowledge of modelling languages and architecture frameworks, e.g. UML, SysML, ArchiMate, TOGAF, MODAF.
- Good foundation knowledge of aviation standards and regulations and the regulatory bodies that govern them.
- Experience in the design, Integration, verification and validation of high integrity control systems.
- Experience in the development of safety cases for safety critical systems.
- Knowledge of applicable cyber security standards and their application within AAM.
- Proven experience in requirements definition and management throughout the engineering life cycle.
- Requirements management using recognised tools such as IBM DOORs or similar.
Senior Systems Engineer
Bristol, Aldershot and various other locations
Keywords: Systems engineer, Aerospace, Requirements management, Design, Integration, Acceptance, Analysis, V&V, Test, DOORS, System, Sub-system, UML, SysML, ISO15288, Modelling, MBSE, Aircraft systems, Flight operations, Airspace integration, Regulator frameworks and Infrastructure.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, to SC level.
This is a permanent position.