Job descriptionYour in depth understanding of systems engineering (covering the full systems lifecycle) and experience of Electronic Warfare will help you to support my client’s EW Business Unit as a Senior Systems Engineer. As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will develop system architectures, requirements and sub-system specifications delivering enhanced EW Systems to the British Army.
You will have the opportunity to work for a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programmes throughout the world. Developing and supplying a broad portfolio of aerospace, land and maritime systems and products for defence, national security and commercial aviation applications. A corporate benefits package and transparent career development opportunities are on offer within this vibrant Engineering environment.
About the job:
Our client currently requires a Senior Systems Engineer to be responsible for developing system architectures, requirements and sub-system specifications for EW products. You will be delivering enhanced Radar Electronic Support Measures (RESM) and an EW command and control (EWC2) System to the UK MOD. You responsible for transfer of technology for assigned systems/subsystem and developing system architectures, requirements and sub-system specifications.
Responsibilities include: -
- Support in Developing system architectures
- Producing and validating requirements
- Writing sub-system specifications
- Support the development of integration plans and procedures
- Support the setting up systems for tests and trials
- Support system and sub-system integration tests and trials
- Produce tests and trials reports as part of requirements verification
- Any additional tasks to ensure the success of the role and support to the Business Unit and Engineering Function
As a Senior Systems Engineer your skills and qualifications will include:
- Experience in the development and the management of complex electronic and software systems development
- System architecture and requirements decomposition
- Experienced in technical team leadership.
- Requirements validation (SMART)
- Development of sub-system specifications to satisfy system requirements
- Integration activities from component level up to systems level including hardware and software elements
- Competent in problem solving and analytical techniques in a methodical and logical manner to solve integration challenges
- Development of appropriate integration plans and procedures
- Supporting Test Readiness Reviews / Integration events
- Integration and formal verification testing
- Experience in working with UK MoD, preferable with the Royal Navy
- Producing technical progress reports and test/trials reports
- Software Tools - MS Office, IBM Rhapsody
- Formal Design methodologies such as SYSML/UML
- Experience in hands-on development and integration of highly complicated systems of multidiscipline technologies such as RF, Hardware, Software and Firmware
- ISO Standards - ISO15288 (Systems)
- Degree qualified or similar experience
- Experience in development of EW systems
- Experience in the transfer of technology from a 3rd party to in-house manufacture, test, sustain and maintain.
- Knowledge and experience in Agile/SCRUM
- Software Tools – Full IBM ELM Suite comprising, DOORs, RQM & RTC
- ISO Standards - ISO25010 (Architecture), ISO61508 (Safety Critical Systems), ISO12207 (Software)
- RCTA/DO Standards (Safety) - DO178C, DO-330
- Member of IET, BCS or INCOSE (or willingness to join)
Senior Systems Engineer (EW)
£40000 - £65000 (depending on experience)
Keywords: Systems engineer, EW, Hardware, Software, Defence, Requirements management, Design, Integration, Acceptance, Analysis, DOORS, Radar, Military, DEF STAN, System, Sub-system.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, to SC level.
This is a permanent position.