Job descriptionYour in depth understanding of systems engineering at various stages of the systems engineering lifecycle and desire to learn will help you to support my client’s as a Senior Systems Engineering consultant. As a Systems Engineer, you will join a skilled, multi-disciplinary team providing leading Systems Engineering expertise to government and industry.
You will have the opportunity to work for an independent Systems Engineering Consultancy providing the best in Systems Engineering, Training and Systems Thinking to government and industry. They work across a broad range of complex systems in a range of defence and civil sectors. Provide expertise across all kinds of sensors, effectors, handling, information, communication and combat systems, military platforms, for many different applications. A corporate benefits package and transparent career development opportunities are on offer within this vibrant Engineering environment.
About the job:
Our client currently requires a Systems Engineering Consultant to work across a range of activities at various stages of the systems engineering lifecycle.
Responsibilities include: -
- Research and concept development of systems solutions.
- Development and management of system requirements including the use of tools such as DOORS and RDL.
- Development of abstract architectures to describe systems:
- Using languages such as UML and SysML.
- Using tools such as Rhapsody, SparxWorks Enterprise Architect, MooD.
- Using frameworks such as MoDAF and NAF.
- Design process engineering for hardware, software and mixed technology systems.
- Systems safety engineering, including the analysis of the systems safety requirements.
- Systems integration, including structuring and partitioning of complex systems.
- Systems performance evaluation and its application to verification and validation.
- System Integrity analysis including resilience and impact assessment.
- Through life environmental impact evaluation of complex systems.
- Systems qualification and acceptance.
As a Systems Engineering Consultant your skills and qualifications will include:
- A leading practitioner of Systems Engineering activities across several areas of activity, experienced in more than one phase of lifecycle.
- A background in systems or similar engineering discipline within a complex engineering environment, often with related procurement experience.
- A minimum of a technical Degree, equivalent qualification or experience.
- Comfortable with resolving ambiguity in task, system and requirements definition.
- Communicating effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Delivery focussed with determination to make a positive difference
- Flexible and adaptable
- Experience in working closely with demanding customers.
- Experience in a relevant technology discipline, process or tool.
- CEng, CSEP, MSP, Prince2, APMP, ADKAR, Agile, relevant post-graduate qualifications
Senior Systems Engineering Consultant
£45000 - £65000 (depending on experience)
Keywords: Systems engineer, Hardware, Software, Defence, Requirements management, Design, Integration, Acceptance, Analysis, V&V, Test, DOORS, Military, System, Sub-system, UML, SysML, MoDAF.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, to SC level.
This is a permanent position.