|Job Title:||Senior Technologist|
|Contact Name:||Gintare Laboviciute|
|Job Published:||June 11, 2018 16:59|
We are seeking an enthusiastic and competent Software and Infrastructure Developer with significant professional experience to join an existing small team, working in the field of Cyber and Computer Forensics technology. The ideal candidate should have a background in either IT infrastructure and/or software engineering and should be a keen technologist.
Developers will sometimes work as part of a team on a large project and sometimes alone to solve a particular problem. The existing teamwork largely in C#, Python, Java and C++ although any technical background will be considered providing the candidate shows a willingness to learn new skills and work with cutting-edge tools and technologies.
You'll be joining a well-regarded, high integrity technical organisation that offers competitive salaries and career development opportunities within a rewarding work environment.
As a Senior Technologist, your key responsibilities include/will be to:
- Design, develop and maintain a suite of in-house software applications, agents and scripts
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues across a broad range of technologies
- Work on development activities to support the field of cyber defence and response within a team of specialist cyber incident responders and technical security experts
- Be involved in all stages of the development lifecycle, from initial concepts and vision, prototyping, deployment, and testing
- Significant relevant working experience
- Strong coding abilities - proficient in at least one high-level language, ideally C#, C++ or Java
- Experience with database technologies, particularly big-data solutions
- Experience with messaging technologies (AMQP, Microsoft Exchange)
- An understanding of source control, bug-tracking and the software development lifecycle
- Experience of designing RESTful APIs
- Hardware, Network and Application Design and Monitoring
- A keen interest in emerging technologies
- A positive attitude and the desire to add value
- Able to follow a fast, iterative agile development approach
Any experience of Virtualisation, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Python, WPF, MVC, Entity Framework, C, TCP/IP, NodeJS would be advantageous.
Competitive salary and benefits
Key Skills: C#, C++, Java, AMPQ, Messaging, Microsoft Exchange, SDLC, RESTful API, Virtualisation, NodeJS, MongoDB
Apply today to work in a fun and dynamic environment where you're encouraged to explore original ideas and concepts to help solve difficult problems!
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criterion will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days, please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This role is a permanent position.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's