Software Application Portfolio Manager
|Job Title:||Software Application Portfolio Manager|
|Salary:||£55000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + pension|
|Contact Name:||Kevin Raymond|
|Job Published:||July 17, 2018 10:26|
Your experience as a Software Application Portfolio Manager and your ability to help control costs and enforce software usage policies would make you a valuable member of the business. You will have experience of managing the relationship with software sellers to drive value. You will also have experience of managing entire applications portfolio as well as a strong understanding of enterprise level applications and their life cycles.
Working within a leading engineering and design consultancy and one of the best large companies in the UK..
You can apply directly at the bottom of this page, below are further details of the position.
* Rationalise entire software portfolio
* Manage the operational relationship with the global software reseller to drive significant value
* Partner with software resellers, vendors and business stakeholders to provide application demand forecasting
* Develop and maintain portfolio demand reports to evidence savings achieved.
* Through reseller and vendor engagement, identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing and services
* Partner with Procurement and Asset Management teams on contract negotiation, renewals, vendor management activities, inventory management, purchasing and delivery activities
* Define and deliver process improvement through automation, engaging with Automation TDA
* Responsible for leading new initiatives/projects to capture licence usage/software metering
* Support all renewals to ensure/determine previous and future licence usage
* Understand and promote new software solutions
* Partner with IT product owners to align activity to product and delivery roadmaps
* Produce metrics to illustrate the business benefits/value of each application in the portfolio
* Lead discussions with key stakeholders to reduce spend on applications not delivering value
* Custodian of all data relating to software in the portfolio, including: age, usage, cost, maintenance and interrelationships with other applications
Essential Technical Requirements
To be successful in this role we would expect you to have commendable experience with:
* Overseeing a large software portfolio and lifecycle ownership
* Managing relationships and driving delivery of 3rd party suppliers
* Experience working in an enterprise-class standardised client environment
* Ability to develop and implement full process plans
* Ability to synthesize complex and unstructured data to tell a compelling story to stakeholders and customers
* Reporting and analytical skills
* Excellent influencing skills with a willingness to challenge third parties/publishers
* Proven record of learning quickly and affecting change on an organization
* Proven ability to apply financial insights and draw accurate conclusions from financial and other quantitative information
Key Skills: Application Management, Software Portfolio, Application Portfolio, Application Services, Applications Manager, Service Delivery, ITIL, Applications, Application Delivery, Software Delivery, IT implementation
Location: Epsom, Surrey
Salary - to £60k + Excellent Benefits
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
This is a permanent position
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Java Application Developers
Application Support and Development Analyst
Embedded Software Engineer
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Software Developer (Java)
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
£36800 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + pension
Software Test Engineer