Software Test Engineer
|Job Title:||Software Test Engineer|
|Salary:||£30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Kevin Raymond|
|Job Published:||November 26, 2020 13:46|
Our client is a manufacturer of single board computer products, all products are designed in house and use leading edge microprocessors and peripheral components. They work with high profile defence and aerospace customers on an international basis. They are looking for a Software Test Engineer to join their successful company.
* Testing embedded firmware and board support packages for a range of single board computers
* Creating and maintaining test cases
* Working with the developers and the customer support team to diagnose problems and improve product quality
* Benchmarking products and performing peripheral-device approvals testing
This role will involve assembling and configuring various hardware devices, successful candidates will be practically minded and able to demonstrate correct handling of ESD sensitive products.
Degree or equivalent within an engineering related discipline and experience with all of the following:
* Previous software testing role
* Familiarity with installing and configuring Linux and Microsoft operating systems
* Basic understanding of modern PC architecture (e.g. experience assembling, modifying or fault-finding PCs)
* Knowledge of scripting languages, C and/or Python coding
Salary: to £35000
Key Skills: Software, Embedded, Test, Testing Linux, Python, Scripting, Microprocessors, X86, PowerPC, Hardware, Interfaces, Single board computers
Location: Colchester, Essex
Please Note: Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Test Equipment Hardware Engineer
£38 - £40 per hour
Embedded Software Engineer
£40000 - £55000 per annum
Embedded Software Engineer
£37000 - £50000 per annum
£40000 - £50000 per annum
£50 - £55 per hour