Solutions Architect Manager
|Job Title:||Solutions Architect Manager|
|Contact Name:||Nick Haaker|
|Job Published:||February 22, 2018 14:57|
Competitive salary + benefits
A fantastic opportunity for an all-round senior solutions architect or experienced solutions architect team manager to join a major engineering company and act as the SA Manager; managing a team of 8 highly skilled SA's, each with a unique set of skills and subject matter expert in a core technology.
This role is a great opportunity to help expand the current projects and work on high level detailed design projects with cutting edge technologies.
My client is a global Engineering company that has always been renowned for its innovative engineering. They provide high quality products & services to the Defence, Government, Financial & Professional and Infrastructure & Utilities sectors.
Below are some further details on the role. At the bottom of the page is where you can apply.
* My client provides technology design, development and support services to My client, its subsidiaries and its customers across the globe.
* My client manages some 1000 applications, 20 networks, 11 domains and around 500 firewalls; they design and advise on global solutions which operate from around 100 additional networks operating in a dozen countries and at the highest in-country government security classifications.
* The Solutions Architect Manager (SAM) has a significant responsibility owning the design templates and process to ensure that My client can meet its cost and deadline obligations around solutions design, implementation and hence project delivery
* Solution Architects (SA) in My client play an important role ensuring that the solutions they produce align with roadmaps established by the Enterprise Architecture (EA) practice, and compliant with EA Standards, Principals & Policies.
* The SAM will ensure that all SA resources are aware of those standards, principals and policies, and adhere to the approved design process
* As the majority of the existing team are single domain focussed (predominantly Network & Infrastructure), the SAM will need to motivate, support and mentor those individuals to develop the necessary multi-domain skills (Process, Data and Applications, Infrastructure, Networks and Security) to provide a more rounded design team enabling a single SA to be appointed to each project, but drawing on the knowledge and expertise of the IT Operations personnel.
Knowledge, skills and Personal Qualities Required
* Strategy and architecture Consultancy
* IT management
* Shapes strategic thinking
* Achieves results: Values specialist expertise and capitalises on the expert knowledge and skills of others. Contributes own expertise to achieve outcomes for the business.
* Cultivates productive working relationships: Involves people, encourages them and recognises their contribution. Consults and shares information and ensures others are kept informed of issues. Works collaboratively and operates as an effective team member.
* Exemplifies personal drive and integrity
* Communicates with influence
In addition to those of the Solutions Architect below, the SAM will be accountable for the day to day operation of the Solutions Architectural practice, ensuring the proper running of the team through 1:1, team and performance meetings, supporting team members in their personal and technical development and ensuring that resources are aligned to project and programme delivery.
As an experienced people manager, the SAM will be accountable for identifying both technical and soft skill gaps within the team and supporting individual team members in their development, driving to a high performing, knowledgeable and proficient unit.
This role will be accountable for ensuring quotes for design timescales / technical costs are increasingly accurate as progress is made through the design cycle, and the team are properly supported in the execution of their duties. Ensuring projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the desired level of quality are essential in this role.
Accountable for the periodic review of the design templates and design process with the Chief Enterprise Architect and Operational Support / Implementation Leads, to ensure that they continue to add value and provide the correct level of detail for solutions to be easily implemented without causing unnecessary delay in the design or implementation phases.
The SAM will participate in the regular review of the corporate standards with Enterprise Architecture to ensure that they are still valid, and supporting future project capability. The SAM will be accountable for ensuring designs produced by the team are compliant with the corporate standards, principals and policies and for escalating compliancy / standards issues back to Enterprise Architecture for resolution. The SAM will be required to
Where the SAM determines that additional expertise is required to guarantee the successful design of a solution, they will be accountable for appointing Solution Architects from either the SA pool, negotiated from the Operational Support / Implementation teams or sourced from within the business / 3rd party service providers
Preferably Degree Qualified or equivalent
Relevant domain level certification such as CCDP / CCIE, MCSE, OSCP, LPIC-3 etc. or equivalent
Role:Solution Architect Manager
Salary:Competitive + Benefits
Skills: SA, solution architect, enterprise architect, people manager, togaf, modaf, networking, ccdp, ccie, mcse, oscp, manager, technology, network, infrastructure, cisco, systems, Microsoft, security
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Security Solutions Architect
£55000 - £85000 per annum
Software Solutions Architect
£40000 - £50000 per annum
IT Service Delivery Architect
£50000 - £70000 per annum + bonus
Senior Principal Architect
£65000 - £90000 per annum