Job descriptionSolutions Architect
My client is a leader in infrastructure asset management. They have ambitious growth plans in this area including moving beyond consultancy-based services and towards products and managed services as part of the end-to-end asset management service philosophy. This investment is to rapidly grow staff capability and capacity and to develop new products and services. The services span into other sectors in the UK and globally, leveraging existing strategic partnerships with leading asset management system providers. The Digital Asset Management Practice forms part of the 900-person strong UK Consultancy Practice within my clients Transportation Division and is responsible for working with the strategic markets to win and subsequently deliver Digital Enterprise Asset Management projects across the Highways and Rail sectors in the UK and Europe. The clients include Highways England, Transport Scotland, Welsh Government, Local Authorities, Department for Transport, Network Rail, HS2, TfL and TfGM. My client wants to provide a digitally enabled offering, through a range of advisory, delivery and managed services which are tailored to these sectors, building on the expertise which other parts of the business offers.
As a Solution Architect working within the Digital Asset Management practice you will be leading the creation of digital offerings to a number of different clients, on a range of different projects. Through close client engagement you will advise clients on cloud-based solutions and act as the technical SME to ensure these are delivered.
- Relevant Degree.
- Microsoft Azure Solution Architect certification (preferred), or other relevant Azure certification.
- Detailed understanding of Microsoft cloud architectures and patterns (IaaS, PaaS, Serverless, Micro-services).
- Experience in managing IaaS and PaaS components, within Microsoft subscriptions.
- Demonstrable experience of designing cloud-based solutions to support analytics, machine learning/AI and big data platforms.
- Experience of adopting Agile methodologies to effectively manage the development of iterative solutions.
- Experience in managing teams of developers to realise complex cloud-solutions.
- Understanding of relevant ITIL processes (Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Management).
- Practical experience of software development, and SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Experience of using cloud-based analytics in heavy infrastructure domains to support Asset Management (e.g. Highways, Rail Utilities, Oil & Gas, Highways).
- Understanding of Enterprise Asset Management technology solutions (preferably one of Ellipse, Maximo, SAP or Oracle).
- Understanding of the requirements of IoT platform capabilities.
- Experience in working closely with clients to develop Digital Twin models.
- The Solution Architect – Azure Platform is responsible for:
- Supporting bid and proposal work where cloud capabilities are required – acting as technical SME.
- Taking a lead in client engagement to advise on cloud-based technical solutions to solve client problems.
- Delivering technical solutions – managing a team of consultants or working independently.
- Assisting in developing a SaaS model for deploying solutions to clients.
Position – Solutions Architect – Permanent
Location – UK (any UK location)
Salary - £65k - £75k
Keywords: Azure Solutions Architect, Microsoft cloud Architectures, Asset Management, Highways, Rail utilities, Oil & Gas.
Only apply for this role if you currently hold the specific Government Security Clearance or are eligible for Government Security Clearance.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This is a Permanent Role