Job descriptionStrategic Advisory – Senior / Principal Consultant
Your role will be to help clients ask the right questions of their most complex strategic problems, reconfigure, create and capture sustainable value, and realise their ambitions through effective innovative strategies which can be successfully implemented. My client has real-world expertise in developing and delivering strategic transformations that realise lasting benefits across public and private sectors.
My client operates across a number of key sectors that align with their engineering heritage; specifically, Aerospace, Defence, Security, and Technology but also in Energy, Highways, and Public Sector. The Strategy team focuses on finding innovative solutions that help clients to transform their operations and realise their strategic objectives by transforming their organisation, business model, and operations. My client’s teams are people from diverse backgrounds enabling them to bring a unique point of view to their clients – my client is passionate about their success and the value they can deliver.
Successful candidates will be working with clients from day one. They are looking for people who can demonstrate capabilities and experience across the following areas:
- Breadth of consultancy experience, working collaboratively with senior executive stakeholders in strategy.
- Designing, developing, or implementing strategies within a client environment.
- A strategic mindset with a structured approach to problem solving, driven by intellectual curiosity.
- Analysis of complex problems, innovative solution design, and effective communication to executive-level audiences.
- Development of effective and mutually beneficial relationships with clients at all levels in a business environment.
- Identification and definition of benefits early in the project lifecycle and planning for their realisation.
- Execution of strategy resulting in the benefits achieved.
- Successful knowledge transfer to clients to ensure that the realisation of benefits continue to take place.
- Experience in the economic sector or of delivering financial transformations is welcome but not mandatory.
- You have a track record of leading stakeholders through business transformations.
- You are a supportive team player and can communicate and collaborate effectively with a wide range of people.
- You can demonstrate an ability to transfer skills and knowledge to colleagues and clients.
- You build good and lasting relationships with clients at all levels in a business environment.
- You have strong technical ability to deliver presentations and facilitate workshops.
- Ideally, you will have experience in one or more of our key markets (Defence, Aerospace, Security, Energy, Utilities, Highways, Rail and the Public Sector).
We are seeking professionals with various levels of experience to join the Strategy & Benefits team.
We want you to help grow the business by:
- Delivering consulting and advisory services to achieve excellent results for clients; primarily focused on vision creation, strategy development and implementation planning.
- Building mutually beneficial relationships with clients, understand their needs and translating them into consulting opportunities.
- Contributing with economic, commercial, and strategic insight.
- Helping clients realise strategic ambitions by partnering with them to shape their vision for the future.
- Contributing to the development of thought leadership, consulting propositions for clients and promotional marketing materials.
- Working with bid teams to shape tender responses and produce high quality bid content.
- Continually developing own knowledge and understanding of consulting skills and client markets and supporting the development of others.
Position - Strategic Advisory – Senior / Principal Consultant – Permanent
Location – London, Bristol, Cheltenham, Manchester
Salary - £75k - £85k
Keywords: Consulting, Stakeholder Management, advisory services, vision creation, strategy development, Defence, Aerospace, Security, Energy, Utilities, Highways, Rail and the Public Sector.
Only apply for this role if you currently hold the specific Government Security Clearance or are eligible for Government Security Clearance.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This is a Permanent Role.