Job descriptionStrategy and Business Design Consultant
You will help clients achieve genuine benefits from their business change programmes. You will advise at senior levels on complex business problems and take a hands-on role to ensure that solutions are delivered to realise the expected benefits of investments. My client has real-world expertise in developing and delivering strategy and its aligned portfolio of innovative projects across public and private sectors, which means my client knows how to implement business strategy and business initiatives in practice, not just on paper. You’ll be there to see progress through from start to finish, whatever challenges arise. Helping clients respond well to the challenges and opportunities they face is a core skill for our Business Consultants.
My client operates across a number of key sectors that align well with our engineering heritage, including Defence, Aerospace, Security, Energy, Utilities, Highways, Rail, and the Public Sector.
The Strategy and Business Design team focuses on finding solutions that help clients to transform their operations and realise their strategic objectives, making the business case for change, delivering significant improvements in performance, and reducing costs.
- My client is looking for experienced professionals to join the team with expertise in one or more of our core capabilities: Strategy and Benefits Identification, Operating Model and Operational Improvement.
- My client is in high demand, so we have ambitious growth plans to meet this demand and have open roles across all grades.
My client helps their clients with all types of strategy, be it technical, functional, business or at executive level, helping them realise and articulate a vision which enables them to set a direction which can navigate the complex challenges of today’s world. Our analysis combined with our proven track record in delivery ensures the strategies we design are pragmatic and grounded in the real world, and make economic, commercial and strategic sense. My client looks to bring creativity and innovation insights to their clients’ strategy, helping them ensure their strategy embraces forefront thinking in its field. You’ll help identify and embed meaningful benefits to support business cases and sustainable value management. My client believes strategy development is a continuous process, so we look to continually evolve it so that clients stay on track and go further and faster than the competition.
You'll bring expertise in one or more of the following:
- Strategic mindset and structured approach to problem solving, driven by intellectual curiosity. Analysing complex problems, designing innovative solutions and communicating them effectively to executive-level audiences.
- You have a breadth of consultancy experience, working collaboratively with senior executive stakeholders in strategy.
- Effective mutually beneficial relationships with clients at all levels in a business environment. You can be a thought partner, bringing an independent point of view and collaborating with a team. Supportive team player and can communicate and collaborate effectively with a wide range of people.
- We work closely with key decision makers and budget holders to improve operations, increasing efficiency, quality, and customer experience, by optimising clients’ resources, processes, and assets.
- The team is directly involved in the transformation and improvement of some of the most complex operations which support critical national infrastructure and government. This includes airport operations, rail & road networks, energy production, defence programmes & central government transformation. We are helping clients to streamline major programmes, reducing cost and complexity with a focus on value. We are diagnosing problems and inefficiencies in complex operations and partnering with our clients to design, test and deliver lasting and measurable performance improvements. Other consultancies focus on either the assets, technology or processes that make up complex operations. Our experience and capabilities across all three elements enable us to deliver significant improvements to customer experience by being able to seamlessly integrate solutions into existing operations.
- Appraising and re-structuring major programmes.
- Mapping operational processes, collecting and processing operational data.
- Analysing complex data and modelling business and operational processes.
- Designing and undertaking testing and trials of technology, systems and processes.
- Organisational, operational, or service re-design.
- Leading lean and lean six-sigma project and programmes.
- Delivering consulting and advisory services to stakeholders across all levels to achieve excellent results for our clients; primarily focused on strategy development, operating model design and operational improvement, but with a firm awareness of the full breadth of business consulting skills. Building effective mutually beneficial relationships with our clients, understand their needs and translate them into consulting opportunities.
- Leading multi-disciplinary project teams based at our clients’ premises and our Atkins’ offices across the UK.
- Contributing to the development of thought leadership, consulting propositions for our clients and promotional marketing materials.
- Working with bid teams to shape tender responses and produce high quality bid content. Continually developing own knowledge and understanding of consulting skills and client markets and supporting the development of others
- You can build good and lasting relationships with clients at all levels.
- You are able to gain client trust and identify opportunities for adding further value to the client relationship
- You are able to share best practice from industry.
- A background in consulting is desirable, however not essential.
- Ideally you will have experience in one or more of our the markets (Defence, Aerospace, Security, Energy, Utilities, Highways, Rail and the Public Sector).
- You have a track record of successfully leading stakeholders through business transformations.
- You are a supportive team player and can communicate and collaborate effectively with a wide range of people.
- You can demonstrate an ability to transfer skills and knowledge to colleagues and clients.
- Shape and develop our capabilities and offerings. Proactive and enjoy working with a variety of people, but also comfortable working independently.
- Ideally you have experience of contributing to the sale of management consulting work - including bid development and presentations.
Position - Strategy and Business Design Consultant – Permanent
Location – London & Manchester
Salary - £65k - £85k
Keywords: Shape, design and deliver innovative operating models, Strategy and Business Design Consultant.
Only apply for this role if you currently hold the specific Government Security Clearance or are eligible for Government Security Clearance.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This is a Permanent Role