|Job Title:||Subcontractor Lead|
|Salary:||£40000 - £60000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lauren Byrne|
|Job Published:||April 14, 2021 14:34|
Our client is looking for a Subcontractor Lead to join them on a 12 month FTC. This role will be based out of their Lincoln office. You must be eligible to obtain SC clearance to be considered for this role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management, administration and development of supply chain relationships and agreements. Looking at current and emerging tasking to ensure commercial and financial interests of the company are optimized and to ensure that all supply chain obligations are fulfilled.
· Reporting into the NGUKL Commercial Manager, working as directed by that position
· Responsible for daily operations of a GSC team or business unit (direct supervision of the staff, assignment of work, provides direction to team using established policies and procedures, schedules and day to day workflow)
· Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts
· Broad responsibility for all aspects of supplier contract performance
· Administration of the commercial, financial and coordinate the management of allocated suppliers
· Develop, review and assess new requirements and any new suppliers that may be required to fulfill the organisations obligations
· Ensure that subcontractor obligations are fulfilled throughout the performance period
· Ensuring compliance for the Global Supply Chain Department and the wider project team with the Global Supply Chain processes and procedures
· Develop close working relationships with all departments within the project team
· Review and develop any supplier agreements, to ensure that terms and conditions are consistent with those at the customer level
· Minimise the risk exposure for the project through professional management of the supply chain
· Support company cash management objectives and ensure the company's commercial exposure is minimized
· Export Control Administration
· Establish and determine commitments are fair and reasonable in accordance with Regulations and internal Policies and Procedures
· Management of changes to agreements for organisations within the Global Supply Chain
· Responsibilities subject to change with agreement and business requirements
· Managing subcontractors effort in supporting Prime Contractor Bids, at all times assuring compliance with corporate supply chain governance
· Negotiation of subcontracts with the suppliers.
· Experience of Contract/Subcontract or Procurement administration
· Excellent and proven administrative skills
· Ability to coordinate and negotiate contract change
· Ability to administer the end-to-end RFP process in accordance with company procedures
· Ability to coordinate and manage contract change
· Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally on all commercial matters
· Numeracy skills, accuracy and attention to detail
· Flexibility and demonstrated ability to achieve demanding deadlines
· Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office tools
· Experience of UK export Control and US International Trade in Arms legislation would also be an advantage.
· Applicants will be subject to security clearances
· Experience within an aerospace/logistics environment or contracting with the UK Ministry of Defence would be advantageous,
· Degree/CIPS/A Levels/ONC or similar qualifications and/or relevant experience preferably in business related subjects, Contracts Law or Law
· Formal Contracting and/or Procurement based qualifications would be advantageous
Fixed term contract - 12 months
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens.
Keywords: subcontract lead, subcontract management, subcontract specialist, procurement, defence, aerospace, MOD
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Project Lead - Networked Communications
£38000.00 - £48000.00 per annum
Team Lead for MBSE Capability
£48000.00 - £58000.00 per annum
Equipment Systems Lead - Actuation Systems
£40000.00 - £48000.00 per annum
System Certification Lead - Missile Platform Integration
£38000.00 - £48000.00 per annum
Senior Systems Engineer