|Job Title:||Subcontracts Officer|
|Contact Name:||Anna Bonczchowska|
|Job Published:||January 03, 2020 12:27|
About the Role:
*Work with the project managers and other business stakeholders to identify suitable suppliers for procured items and services, including identifying suitable alternative sources of supply where required
*Carry out supplier assessment and evaluation to facilitate inclusion onto the Company's Approved Suppliers List
*Work with the bid team to support customer engagement opportunities in a timely fashion.
*Evaluate supplier proposals against objective criteria providing a commercially sound and considered supply chain recommendation which offers best value. Establish trading and pricing agreements, and negotiate with suppliers to best enhance the competiveness and profitability of the company
*Prepare and support negotiation of sub-contracts
*Monitor supplier performance in accordance with Company's policy including identifying supplier delinquency ensuring onward referral and escalation of any issues requiring senior management involvement
*Work with the team to review and improve the company's procurement procedures and templates for continuous improvement purposes.
*Prepare and place standard Purchase Orders as required.
*Monitor purchase orders/sub-contracts for compliance with contracted delivery schedules
You will have the following experience:
* Qualified/ experienced to a good level in supply chain, subcontract or contracts
* Demonstrable experience of proposal work and review
* Evidenced experience of building supplier relationships
* Demonstrable success in negotiating subcontracts prices
* Experience of process development
* Proficient IT capability, particularly in the use of Word/Excel/PowerPoint applications
* Strong commercial awareness, able to engage and negotiate independently with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels.
* Defence & Security or Aerospace sector experience in a multi-project/programme environment
* Buying/Purchase Order/subcontract experience - CIPS qualified
* Good awareness of contract law and standard terms
* Export/import control including knowledge of ITAR
* Working knowledge of contracts, terms and conditions used by UK MOD/UK government
Competitive salary + benefits
Keywords: supply chain; subcontract, proposal, supplier, IT, defence, aerospace, buying, purchase, contract law, export, import, ITAR, MOD, Cheltenham
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time. Services advertised by Electus Recruitment Solutions are those of an Agency (perm). These roles are permanent positions.
This is a permanent position.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's