Do you understand the climate science?
Can you clearly communicate how a changing climate, and the transition to a low carbon economy, will drive unprecedented change for governments, business and society?
Do you want to lead projects, mentor and support colleagues?
Are you equally at home getting your hands dirty "crunching the data" and delivering technical projects as you are presenting to senior executives, high ranking civil servants and industry leaders?
Due to significant growth and demand for our clients climate advisory services: We are seeking experienced sustainability practitioners with knowledge and experience of decarbonisation, climate adaptation, climate mitigation and climate resilience.
Locations considered: Bristol, Burton-upon-Trent, Gloucester, Dorking or Warrington.
Successful candidates will work within the Sustainability & Environmental Assurance domain and have some experience in the following sectors: Defence, Government, Energy, Transport, Industrial, Infrastructure & Healthcare sectors.
You will be expected to deliver and manage technical work as welll as support the business in developing its services, and growing its client base.
You will have:
- A Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in an environmental, sustainability, engineering or related discipline.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and an ability to influence effectively.
- Strong numeracy.
- Experience of providing sustainability focused advice / consultancy (either as an in-house advisor / manager or as an external consultant) in one or more of the following:
- Scope 1, 2 & 3 greenhouse gas emissions calculation, benchmarking, analysis and modelling.
- Net Zero strategy development.
- Assessment of climate related risk & opportunity (e.g., TCFD).
- Organisational decarbonisation, with a specific focus on technology integration (physical & virtual), feasibility, and managing strategic risk.
- Supply chain decarbonisation (calculation & reduction).
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Experience in the Defence, Transport or Energy sectors.
- Experience in:
- Circular Economy, with a specific focus on eco-design / Design for the Environment (DfE) & technology integration to improve circularity.
- Natural Capital / Nature Based Solutions / Ecosystem Services.
- Social Value.
- Aligning Corporate Performance to UN SDG.
- Experience of working within multi-disciplinary technical teams.
- A proven and demonstrable track-record in the profitable delivery of projects in sustainability consultancy and the application of current/emergent business standards and expectations (e.g., ESG and SDGs).
- Experience of advising C-suite clients and colleagues on matters regarding business / organisation sustainability performance.
- Demonstrable track record of securing new business and delivering high quality work to clients / management stakeholders.
- Strong professional network in sustainability and credible connections with key professional stakeholders.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days' holiday entitlement.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme.
- Company pension scheme.
- Targeted professional development.
- Life assurance.
- Private healthcare membership.
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance.
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution.
- Support in attaining professional membership.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Share purchase scheme.
- Season rail ticket loan.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time. This role is a permanent position
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.