Job descriptionYour knowledge of the full CADMID cycle systems engineering and experience of team and project management will help you to lead key elements of the system design & verification activities for the first increment of the major capability update to a high profile and key capability to the Royal Navy.
You will have the opportunity to work for a leading multi-national Defence systems provider which boasts some of most advanced facilities in their areas of expertise, and one of the lead engineers responsible for delivering a major capability. A corporate benefits package and transparent career development opportunities are on offer within this vibrant Engineering environment.
About the job:
Our client currently requires a System Design & Verification Lead to lead design and verification activities and to support the delivery of the next phases of a new business programme. The role includes;
- Development of a coherent weapon system design baseline, including identification and management of design queries, and ensuring a coherent and consistent system design alongside the wider evolving Sea Viper design;
- Development of a qualification strategy;
- Management of the project requirement baseline, ensuring flow-down and agreement of sub-system requirements;
- Management of the key interface baselines, including the data exchange specifications between Sea Viper C2 and the combat management system and radar, requiring management of the relationships with the C2, CMS and radar design authorities;
- Management of technical analyses and investigations of system-level issues and opportunities, including conduct of trade-off studies, and any key supporting system design studies required to de-risk the system design;
- Management and conduct of key design reviews;
- Management of the system design verification and validation activities for the project;
- Management of complex relationships, both at a customer interaction level and the industry partners and suppliers, including management of relevant customer working groups;
- Management of key relationships with sub-system design authorities;
- Management of the systems team resource required to support the delivery of the above responsibilities.
As a System Design & Verification Lead your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Broad systems engineering background covering phases of the CADMID cycle from concept to manufacture, including generating TRSs, interface definitions, V&V planning, trials planning, qualification evidence generation and collation, generation of certification documents;
- Broad knowledge of weapon system design concepts; experience working on air defence systems desirable; knowledge of C2, missile and radar design desirable;
- Ability to establish and maintain efficient and effective working relationships with stakeholders including MoD PT, WECA, MWC, DSTL, QinetiQ, BAES (Naval Ships and Maritime Services);
- Ability to communicate effectively across numerous levels of the stakeholder community;
- Ability to communicate effectively with subordinates, peers and seniors across MBDA;
- Ability to produce concise, coherent and detailed technical reports of a high quality;
- Ability to lead and motivate a high performing team;
- Ability to work confidently in the face of ambiguity and multiple conflicting priorities to be able to identify the priority tasks and communicate effectively to the team.
System Design & Verification Lead
Up to £40,000 - £54,000
Keywords: Systems Design, Integration, systems architecting, Systems architecture, Design, Verification, Validation, V&V Missile, Weapon systems, Radar, C2, CADMID, Defence, Military, Aircraft.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, to SC level.
This is a permanent position.