Job descriptionOur client in Burton upon Trent is looking for a System Designer to join their team on a permanent basis.
Their growing design and technology groups are seeking to recruit engineers and scientists in supporting their clients’ in the generation and delivery of multi-disciplinary design solutions. They work across all market sectors including low/zero carbon energy, transportation, process and chemicals, defence and many more.
Within the role of Advanced System Design, you will likely be responsible for activities including:
· Developing innovative concepts and solutions, through brainstorming and down selection processes.
· Creating high quality detailed designs for any stage of an assets lifecycle from concept to decommissioning;
· Authoring and verifying technical deliverables including modelling, drawings, test plans, design reports, operation and maintenance manuals.
· Possess a good degree in Degree in Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics or related discipline.
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, with excellent customer-facing skills.
· Strong skills in the interpretation of clients' technical needs and the development of requirements.
· Be a strong team player but with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
· A proactive personality.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
· Previous experience in the design and analysis of clean energy systems.
· Experience of working with owners and/or operators of sustainable transport systems.
· Experience of manufacturing processes, tooling and delivery of manufactured prototypes or products.
· Knowledge of asset management for engineered assets across their lifecycle.
· Experienced in the application of design techniques, processes and best practice.
Location: Burton upon Trent
Salary: £35k-£45k DOE
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet these criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Keywords: system design, clean energy, sustainable transport systems, design and analysis