Job descriptionYour understanding of systems engineering and knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycle will help you to support my client’s as a Systems Engineer. You will work across Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology markets in a team that uses Systems thinking, you'll analyse, assess and develop ways to mitigate safety, environmental and cyber threats. With the huge variety of projects they have on the go – from local schemes to high profile programmes – you'll always have something challenging to get involved in.
You will have the opportunity to work for leading global consultancy who work across a wide variety of projects with a top reputation for their design and engineering expertise. A "Total Reward", package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs and transparent career development opportunities are on offer within this vibrant Engineering environment.
About the job:
Our client currently requires Systems Engineers to work on tasks ranging from small consultancy projects to large multi-disciplinary programmes and may need to balance their time across concurrent projects. If you are ready to take on a challenge, responsibility and gain valuable professional experience in this complex changing world then this could be the role for you. Responsibilities include: -
- Stakeholder management across our clients and partners.
- Problem discovery and definition.
- The development of solutions to complex problems in balance with performance, cost, time and risk and using our knowledge and experience in the state-of-the-art and emerging technologies.
- The planning and implementation of solutions.
- Communicating complex concepts in a compelling and straightforward way.
- Influencing stakeholders and non-technical team members.
- Influencing the direction of Systems Engineering and introducing Systems Thinking to new industries.
- As a Systems Engineer Degree qualified, or equivalent depth of experience. We welcome applications from candidates who can demonstrate that their degree and experience has equipped them for creative and Systems Thinking.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trusted relationships.
- Ability to tailor the presentation of ideas to non-technical and senior stakeholders.
- Able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Experience and skill with the MS Office toolset.
- Willingness to acquire knowledge on how to apply Systems Thinking, and Systems Engineering tools and techniques.
- Effective and creative written and oral communication skills.
For those that want development, this role will give you the opportunity to;
- To study for NVQ Level 7 Apprenticeship (Master’s degree equivalent) in Systems Engineering.
- To work towards certification and chartership qualifications, (with INCOSE for example).
- The opportunity to work with a range of clients across the Defence, Energy, Transport, Aerospace and Security sectors.
- The opportunity to be involved in a diverse range of roles throughout your career.
Bristol, Aldershot and various other locations
Keywords: Systems engineer, Hardware, Software, Defence, Requirements management, Design, Integration, Acceptance, Analysis, V&V, Test, DOORS, Military, System, Sub-system, UML, SysML, MoDAF, ISO15288, Modelling, MBSE.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, to SC level.
This is a permanent position.