Job descriptionYour in depth understanding of systems engineering (covering the full systems lifecycle) and understanding of marine or defence standards will help you to support my client as a Senior / Principal Systems Engineer. As a Systems Engineer, you will work primarily on naval surface ship programmes but could also support on next generation radar systems.
You will have the opportunity to work for a leading engineering specialist who solves the toughest problems in marine, space, aeronautics, defence and cyberspace engineering to meet the ever evolving needs of their customers worldwide. A corporate benefits package and transparent career development opportunities are on offer within this vibrant Engineering environment.
About the job:
Our client currently requires a Senior or Principal Systems Engineer to to work primarily on our naval surface ship programmes; This would include working on the Type 45 Destroyer and Queen Elizabeth Aircraft Carrier Programmes. The role will include;
- Conduct/lead all systems engineering activities including requirements management, verification testing and design assurance.
- Produce/review project technical documentation to project schedule.
- Prepare for and successfully deliver key design reviews (PDR/CDR) in accordance with the programme schedule.
- Technical management of suppliers, ensuring requirements and design baselines are maintained.
- Reviewing and challenging technical documentation received from Customer and suppliers.
- Support/Lead reviews with the Customer and key suppliers.
- Ensuring adequate integration with other engineering functions involved in the delivery of the programme (Hardware, Mechanical, Software, ILS, IA, Safety etc.).
- Ensure all responsibilities are delivered in accordance with Company Standards of Conduct and contractual processes.
- Have awareness of and comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
- Carry out any other reasonable management request.
As a Principal / Senior Systems Engineer your skills and qualifications will include:
- Degree-qualified in a relevant engineering / technical subject (e.g. electrical engineering or similar) or similar experience
- Experience in a systems engineering role
- Experience of systems requirements management, definition, design, integration, acceptance and analysis
- Knowledge of System Engineering models and techniques.
- Able to work with people effectively at all levels, using well-developed influencing and interpersonal skills
- Can Write and speak clearly and can adapt their language as appropriate to the situation
- Able to use logical and creative thinking to solve problems and make decisions
- Able to deal with internal and external customers in a professional way, both in person, over the phone and by email
- Is a team player, and can create, develop and maintain productive working relationships
- Strong IT skills, specifically with MS Office products.
- Knowledge of requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS or similar)
- Knowledge of marine electronic equipment and/or the marine environment
- Knowledge of marine navigation specific standards (e.g. IEC 60945, 61162, 61174)
- Familiar with military environmental standards (e.g. DEF STAN 00-35, 59-411)
- Knowledge and experience of safety critical systems (SIL 2 / 3)
- Experience of conducting EMC/Vibration/Shock qualification testing with external test houses
- INCOSE Associate/Chartered Systems Engineering Professional
£45000 - 55000
Keywords: Systems engineer, Marine, Defence, Requirements management, Definition, Design, Integration, Acceptance, Analysis, DOORS, Marine electronic equipment, Marine navigation, Military, DEF STAN, EMC, Vibration, Shock, Qualification testing.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, to SC level.
This is a permanent position.