Job descriptionSystems Engineer
My client is a multinational test specialist providing complex test systems and solutions to major Defence, Aerospace and Space primes, platform manufacturers and equipment suppliers.
Their mission is to test the world and enable clients to validate their new products & technologies and commercialise them quickly and cost-effectively. With an outstanding pedigree and test in the DNA my client is involved in an unlimited field of applications and industries that can range from commercial aircrafts, light armoured vehicles, helicopters, battle tanks, space platforms, nuclear power stations control systems and even complete metro systems. Whether customers are at the qualification, production or maintenance stage, my client delivers the right solution to meet the requirements of their ambitious programmes.
My client has entered a growth phase and is seeking an enthusiastic and creative Systems Engineer who will contribute to their growth and use this amazing opportunity to broaden their knowledge and progress within the company.
This role requires an individual with a logical & analytical mindset who is always keen to learn and who will enjoy having a diverse range of engineering projects. The ideal candidate is self- motivated and result driven. Coaching and mentoring will be provided with the objective of developing the candidate to become autonomous in their day-to-day activities and to support their career aspirations.
The role is based in the office in Bournemouth, with occasional travel to customer sites.
Your main responsibilities
- Designing modular test systems used across a number of industries such as Space, Air, Military and Nuclear.
- This is a unique opportunity to work on projects from start to finish:
- Requirements capture :concept, specification and feasibility of solution
- Design and development
- Supporting production (during manufacturing phase)
- Drive the commissioning and validation of the system
- Play key role in the final acceptance of the equipment
- Working closely with customers and contribute to their overall test strategy
- Systems architecture of Automatic Test Equipment
- Software, design and coding (LabVIEW, TestStand, Python, C++/ JAVA and Windows programming including .NET)
- High level of Hardware Design and knowledge of Analog/Digital electronics
- Qualified to Bachelor Degree or higher in one of the following: Software, Electronics or Physics
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience, at least 2 years in Systems Design role
- Experience in using high speed technologies and COTS instruments
- Ability to quickly process the information and adopt approach to solving problems
- Where necessary, work with partners to build the solution
- Good understanding of the life cycle of industrial projects
- Excellent communicator
- Very driven and performing well under pressure
- Knowledge in digital buses (A429, RSxxx, CAN, Ethernet, AFDX)
- Project Management
- An understanding of other engineering domains; e.g. Control systems/Power/Electro-mechanic/Physics/Radio-comms.
Position - Systems Engineer – Permanent
Salary – Up to £50k
Location – Bournemouth
Keywords: Systems architecture of Automatic Test Equipment, LabVIEW, TestStand, Python, C++/ JAVA and Windows programming including .NET, Hardware Design and knowledge of Analog/Digital electronics.
Only apply for this role if you currently hold the specific Government Security Clearance or are eligible for Government Security Clearance.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This is a Permanent Role