Job descriptionYour experience of full lifecycle systems engineering and understanding of communications systems will help you to join a driven and dynamic team, responsible for the design, development and integration of communications and network technologies into Weapon Systems and the wider battle space.
You will have the opportunity to work for a leading multi-national Defence systems provider which boasts some of most advanced facilities in their areas of expertise. A corporate benefits package and transparent career development opportunities are on offer within this vibrant Engineering environment.
About the job:
Our client currently requires the services of a Systems Engineer to join the Systems Engineering Team, designing, developing and integrating communications and network technologies. This opportunity is challenging and working at the cutting edge of technical development and delivery.
You will be responsible to the Head of Platform Communications And Battlefield Networks, for a number of systems engineering tasks, depending on the skills and motivations of the individual, including:
- Definition of the project communications architecture(s),
- Analysis of input requirements,
- Network performance modelling
- System modelling using model-based system engineering (using Rhapsody),
- Requirements engineering (using DOORS),
- Hardware (equipment) and software requirements definition,
- System validation and verification
- Integration and Test
As a Systems Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Sound understanding of System Engineering Process (including System Specification, System Test and Integration)
- Experience in tools for Requirements Capture and Control (DOORS) and Configuration Management (Dimensions or RTC)
- Experience in engineering product delivery
- Experience of technical problem solving
- While not essential it would be beneficial if you had
- Experience of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) using SysML and UML, preferably using Rhapsody
Systems Engineer – Communications
Up to £38,000 - £48,000
Keywords: Systems Engineer, Communication systems, Lifecycle, V-lifecycle, Design, Requirements, DOORS, Configuration management, Systems Design, MBSE, Rhapsody, Systems Validation, Defence, Military, Maritime, Land, Air, Sea, SysML, UML.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, to SC level.
This is a permanent position.