Job descriptionYour experience of full lifecycle systems engineering and understanding of mission planning will help you to join a small, driven and dynamic team, who are focused on delivering a Mission Planning product for the UK domestic customer. You will be working on a key Mission Planning product within a leading weapon system.
You will have the opportunity to work for a leading multi-national Defence systems provider which boasts some of most advanced facilities in their areas of expertise. A corporate benefits package and transparent career development opportunities are on offer within this vibrant Engineering environment.
About the job:
Our client currently requires the services of a Systems Engineer to work on Mission Planning products within the Mission Planning & Control department and join the MARS V5 team, working on-site but within a hybrid on-site/virtual team. The project is a multi-phase development focused on both hardware and software obsolescence as well as functional enhancements.
As a Systems Engineer – MARS V5 your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Strong understanding of System Engineering Process is essential with significant recent experience in a systems engineering role ideally across the full lifecycle.
- Experience in tools for Requirements Capture and Control (DOORS) and Configuration Management essential.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a collaborative environment spanning a number of teams and locations is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including an ability to author or contribute to technical reports and documentation are essential.
- Experience of technical problem solving.
- General understanding of mission planning would be of benefit.
- Excellent ‘can do’ attitude and pro-active behaviours are essential.
- Engineering degree (or equivalent).
Systems Engineer – MARS V5
Up to £38,000 - £48,000
Keywords: Systems Engineer, Mission planning, Lifecycle, V-lifecycle, Design, Requirements, DOORS, Configuration management, Systems Design, Flow down, Systems Validation, Defence, Military, Maritime, Land, Air, Sea.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, to SC level.
This is a permanent position.