Job descriptionYour experience of full lifecycle systems engineering (especially requirements) and understanding of software requirements definition will help you to take forward the software requirements definition and the corresponding working groups and coordination activities. As a Systems Engineer, you will coordinate and mediate between multiple software teams with differing priorities and use forward looking techniques such as functional strand management, design domains and MBSE.
You will have the opportunity to work for a leading multi-national Defence systems provider which boasts some of most advanced facilities in their areas of expertise. A corporate benefits package and transparent career development opportunities are on offer within this vibrant Engineering environment.
This is a high visibility role with a large degree of independence. There is a opportunity gain experience and visibility across the Brimstone partners and across the company.
About the job:
Our client currently requires a Systems Engineer – Software Requirements and Real-time Performance to work on the next iteration of the Brimstone missile. The project is concluding the development phase for Brimstone 3A and the role will be instrumental in coordinating major deliverables and then taking forward the baseline into the additional development phase for Brimstone 3B.The role will include;
- Development and maintenance of the MCU Architecture model which is an MBSE / Rhapsody model
- Development and Maintenance of the software requirements set including application requirements in DOORS, Telemetry definition and Functional Interface Definitions
- Coordination of the multiple software points of embodiment for the Brimstone 3 missile through the functional strands (on behalf of the functional stands manager)
- RTFI workshops (Real Time Functional Integration) will need to be held to ensure the functional solution to the requirement set is valid and that the partners are bought in
- Lead the JASA working groups for the B3B main programme
- Upkeep of the Software build list to correspond with the hardware list
- Progress reporting to project seniors
As a Systems Engineer – Software Requirements and Real-time Performance your skills will ideally include:
· Ability to coordinate and mediate between multiple software teams with differing priorities
· Experienced engineer with knowledge of requirements generation and decomposition
· Experience with the certification process and an ability to manage multiple partners including the customer community
· RTC, Rhapsody, DOORS and PLM skills are essential
· An up-to-date understanding of the Systems Engineering Processes and how to streamline delivery
· Ability to deal with uncertainty and short timescales
· Planning and estimating skills required
Systems Engineer – Software Requirements and Real-time Performance
£38,000 - £48,000
Keywords: Systems Engineer, Software requirements, Lifecycle, V-lifecycle, Design, Requirements, DOORS, Missile, Defence, RTC, Rhapsody, PLM
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, to SC level.
This is a permanent position.