Job descriptionYour Navigation Systems experience, and expertise in mathematical modelling, will play a crucial part in supporting the delivery of Global Navigation Satellite Systems and other precise positioning solutions.
Due to continued growth across the department, we are looking to appoint experienced a Systems Engineer to play a significant role in the research, develop, test and support activities in the field of Position and Navigation.
You will be working for a successful UK based company well established in the sales and manufacture of navigational systems. The main lines of products are GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Systems) precise positioning solutions including receivers, inertial products, related items, and bespoke software. A good salary, corporate benefits package and transparent career development opportunities are on offer within this vibrant environment.
About the Job:
The client requires a Systems Engineer - Position and Navigation to research, develop, test and support activities in the field of Position and Navigation. This role will include development of algorithms, test routines and supporting statistics. The role will involve:
- System Design, Development & Testing of Position and Navigation products
- Development of software through stable, reliable, readable C/C++, Python code.
- Contribute to all stages in the delivery of customer focused research, development, consultancy, and product support activities in the field of Position and Navigation.
- Documenting completed work to satisfy internal QA requirements.
- Capture & Analysis of customer requirements, interpreting these to define clear road maps.
- Leading and contributing to projects, work packages and bids
- Working well as part of a team
- Liaising with the customer and working with the team to define requirements and objectives.
- Working to appropriate standards and practice across the department.
- Ensuring conformance with good OOO / structured design practices.
To be the right fit for this job you will have;
- Strong mathematical modelling skills, production of sophisticated real time algorithms, to solve complex iterative calculations.
- Knowledgeable in Geomatics / Survey Mathematics and Statistics (qualification or experience)
- Knowledgeable in data analysis
- Experience may have been gained in land/hydrographic survey or the automotive industry or similar field.
- Writing and testing software applications
- Commitment to learning new skills and technology.
- Windows and Linux
- Embedded TCP/IP, UDP/IP, RS232, RS422, USB communications knowledge/ experience useful
Systems Engineer - Position and Navigation
£45,000 - £50,000
Keywords: Navigation, Positioning, Algorithms, Mathematical Modelling, Requirements, Systems, Development, Test, GNSS, Capture, Research, Analysis, PNT, C++, Python,
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This is a permanent position.